Chapter Sixteen: There Goes the Neighborhood

At the high school, Stefan talks to Trinity and Elena. "Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him he shuts me down."

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Elena asks.

"I don't know." Stefan shakes his head.

"He waited a 145 years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean it's gotta hurt, right?" Trinity says.

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." Elena sighs.

"You have every reason to be upset with him. Have you thought any more about what you're going to do?" Stefan asks.

"About what? Isobel, my vampire birth mother, who's related to my vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah...I haven't thought about it at all." She says, sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I brought it up."

"It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it."

"Yeah." Trinity agrees with her.

"No vampire mother or brother."

"No vampires at all?" Stefan smiles.

"No vampires but you. I just want to get us back to normal stuff like school and homework and here's a thought: fun."

"Ooh, that sounds good to me, when do we start?" They laugh and say their goodbyes.

Later, Caroline speaks to Stefan and Elena. "I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the Grill maybe a late movie."

"You mean like a double date?" Stefan asks.

"Two pair out on a Friday night coupled. Yeah a double date." Caroline nods.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Elena asks her.

"Why not? We all haven't gone out together before and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. Look the couple dynamics have changed and there's been a little awkwardness between you, Matt, and me and I just think it's important that we get over it."

"I don't know."

"I think that sounds like a great idea." Stefan says.

Elena turns to him. "You do?"

"Yeah. A nice evening out with friends. Sounds fun, as in 'fun'."

Elena looks back at Caroline. "A double date it is."

"Ok. So, we will see you tonight." Caroline smiles.

"Ok." Elena says as she watches her friend walk away. She looks at Stefan. "Ok."

Damon enters the house to find Anna and Pearl are waiting for him.

"Hello Damon." Pearl greets.

"Ever hear of knocking?"

"An invitation wasn't necessary. I'm surprised that no living person resides here. Is it just you and your brother?"

"Yeah. How do you keep out unwelcome vampires?" Anna asks.

"I kill them." Damon runs towards Pearl and tries to strangle her.

Pearl twists his wrist, hearing the bones breaks and pushes him to the floor. "Have a seat, Damon. I was hoping we could have a word."

"Sure."

Jeremy is on his computer chatting on a vampire's website. 'How do you become a vampire?' He types in. He waits a moment before he gets a couple replies.