Chapter Nine: History Repeating

Trinity opens her eyes; finding herself on Stefan's chest in the form of a Labrador pup. It takes her a moment to remember shifting to this form last night. She scrambles on his chest from a moment, moving closer to his face. She licks Stefan a few times in the attempt to rouse him from his sleep. His face crinkles a bit before he turns away. Trinity releases a small bark and licks his face again.

Stefan's brows furrow before his eyes open. He blinks the bleariness away before looking at Trinity. "Good morning." He greets. Trinity gives a small yip and licks his chin.

Damon enters the room. "Rise and shine. You'll be late for school." He says, holding up a cup of coffee.

Stefan picks Trinity up, setting her to the side as he sits up. "What...what are you doing?" He asks.

"Peace offering." He smiles. "Come on you need it for blood circulation. Does dead flesh good?" Stefan continues to look at him in suspicion. He sighs. "All right. I'm sorry."

Stefan stands from the bed and Trinity hops to the floor. He goes to walk past Damon. "Step aside, please."

"I got the town off our back." He tries to explain. "It was for the greater good, but I'm sorry. And to prove it, I'm not gonna feed on human...for at least a week. I'll adopt the Stefan diet, only nothing with feathers."

"I realize that 'cause killing your closest and oldest friend is beyond evil, and yet somehow, it's worthy of humor." Stefan says.

"Are you mimicking me?" Damon asks.

"Yes Stefan, now that the secret society of vampire haters is off our back, I can go back to my routine of 'how can I destroy Stefan's life' this week."

"And I can go back to sulking and Elena-longing and forehead brooding. This is fun. I like this." Damon says.

"And I will finally reveal the ulterior motive behind my evil and diabolical return to Mystic Falls."

"Yeah I'm done." Damon says walking away. He turns back. "That's just like you, Damon. Always have to have the last word."

Trinity shifts back into her human form. "We'll stay home from school today." Trinity says. "You need time and I'll be by your side the whole way."

Stefan shakes his head. "I'm not going back to school."

"What?"

"I'm done. I'll find some way to get Damon to leave-"

"And you're leaving too?"

Stefan sighs. "Trinity-"

"Well I'm going with you." She says, and continues on when he goes to speak. "It's not like I have anything keeping me here. No family, no friends; it's not like anyone's going to notice if I'm gone. I just need you to compel a few people that I'm transferring." She pauses. "Or if you give me a little time, I can test out and graduate."

"You can't-"

"Hey, I'm your best friend and I'm not going to let you go through this alone."

Stefan looks at her. "I'm not going to be able to change your mind am I?" She shakes her head. He sighs. "Fine."

"I am going to go home and change and you are going to clear one of your drawers out."

"Why?" He asks, confused.

"Because if I'm going to be staying here, I want to have a change of clothes." She says, leaving.

Trinity walks into her room and heads straight to the closet. She pulls a duffle bag off of the shelf and sits it on her bed. She opens it up before she begins grabbing clothes to pack into it. A few minutes later she sighs as she packs a shirt into the bag. Wow. She thinks. I'm leaving Mystic Falls. She wonders where she and Stefan will go. She doesn't want to go anywhere too quiet, the last thing that Stefan needs is more time to brood.