Chapter 48

-LYNN'S P.O.V-

     I came back into my room and Jamie was walking to Daisy, it's when she said.
"Pretty kitty. You want to come home with me and your mom? But you can't take my pillow away from me."
   My heart melt. My heart was a liquid flowing in a heart shaped jar. God I love her. I love Jamie.

    Once we got ourselves ready for bed, I heard Jamie talking to Zee in the bathroom. I knew she was tired. I knew it. She didn't need to tell me by how much she was leaning on me. I held her up.
    But I won't lie. I was using her as a shield. I don't like I'm good enough for her and I don't think her family likes me. I felt sad when dad left but I made him promise to text me every time he was at a motel.
    When he said he loved me and Jamie both, her eyes lit up with something new. It was like something was born inside of her and it sent a smile to her lips. She was happy to hear it.
    I am happy to hear it. I would do anything for my dad. Anything but leave Jamie. If given the choice, he would not make me choose because he knows it would be her.
    Don't get me wrong. Family is everything. But so is Jamie. Jamie is My love. And I pray she will always be just mine.
   So now she lays on top of me. She's said her "I love you" before falling asleep. Daisy is laying on my foot, under the blankets with us. Her whiskers are bothering my feet but I won't budge for Jamie's sake.
    I lie here thinking about her comment. "Your mom" so.. She knows Daisy is my daughter. And she openly doesn't care. She holds Daisy like she is a toddler. And it's cute.
    Does that mean one day? I'm almost 17 and I'm thinking about whether or not my girlfriend will want to marry me. Thinking about whether she will want kids with me. Everything in my future I want is going to revolve around her. If she wants to stay, that is.
    Tomorrow will be rough for me. I have to break it to her that I have a job now and will be starting after school, after my core classes. I know she won't be happy at first. But I feel the want to do this more than there is a need. Plus I owe my dad over a hundred dollars.
    But that's tomorrow. For now, I slip onto my peaceful state whole listening to her breathe. And feeling her heartbeat against my skin.
    Sleep grabs me from wake state. I don't dream but I feel happy inside.

    The alarms go off and I can hear Zee groan from the other room. I hear Rose yell at her to turn it off.
   Jamie nuzzles her face closes to me. Her hot breath stings against my skin.
"5...more.. please." So I hit snooze.
    We all fall back asleep for about 10 minutes before the alarms go off through the house again.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO" I hear Zee scream.
"ROSE STOP ITS COLD. NO."
    Jamie starts laughing. I throw the covers off of us and she screams then yells jokingly.
"WHAT THE FUCK LYNN? I was comfortable." I can hear the fake sadness in her voice. And I was actually sad. I actually was sad, cause I really was confortable.
   She stretched out and I guess hit Daisy.
"OH fuck. Daisy, I'm sorry, baby." She jumps off of me and coddled the cat.
   Is it bad to say I'm jealous. Of my own cat. I mean... She instantly started purring at Jamie's touch. Yeah... I think I'm jealous.
"What?" She pulls me from my thoughts. "You're staring. What're you, jealous?" She adds and raises an eyebrow.
    Was I obvious? I nodded. She smirked and gave Daisy a kiss on the forehead.
    I groaned. She smiled widely and put Daisy down. She climbed back up to me.
   Straddling my hips, she leaned in and presses a kiss to my lips. But didn't further past a small kiss. Morning breath? Was that a fear..she had?
"Come on. We have school." She seemed excited. I don't blame her. I am excited.
    I'll hold my girlfriends hand in the halls. I'll kiss her before we leave our lockers to our next classes. I'll come ho.. here to her after work.

    After we get ready and head downstairs. Rose was sitting on Zee's lap. They made the strangest couple. Rose wore all black, like me. Zee wore pink.. so much pink. How can Rose stand to see so much if that obnoxious bright color?
    We leave for the door, Jamie's hand hardly ever leaves mine. Even in the way to school. Once we were there, she only got closer to me.
    Abby, Mike, Zack, Sam and a bunch if other people ran up to Jamie. It was like she was famous. But in a way she was. She was posted on the news a few times as a girl who saw a miricle man in her near death experience.
    They all hug her, taking her from my reach and I felt alone. But she managed her way back under my arm.
"Lynndsie Fir. Jamie James, will you please report to the principals office." We heard over the intercom.
    There were a bunch of whispers as me and Jamie walked down the hallway.
"Oh my god she's back."
"She's back, guys."
"She's so brave."
"Lucky Lynn."
    That one got me... I am fucking lucky, but you can't have her.
"Poor baby."
"I hope she'll be okay."
    We head into his office and he points to the chairs for us to sit. Jamie squeezes my hand in some sort of fear. I can see it flow across her face and rest in her eyes.
"Ladies. You're far from in trouble. Actually, I want to help out." He smiles before continuing. "You two have been caught up on school work that neither of you require anymore credits past your core classes for this year and Next. So at this point, I know Jamie will need her rest and I respect you highly for that. I changed your schedule to mimic Lynn's. You will get out together and are dismissed from Friday's until you are no longer in chemo." He takes in a sharp breath after saying the word.
"If you need personal days, Jamie, Lynn is more than useful to teach you the learning in your classes, which is another reason I am doing this. You both have no chance of failing this school year and it's only just begun. Your grades are phenomenal and if you stick together, you may graduate first semester of next year." He pauses.
"Me doing this is for you to focus. So if you could not goof off because your relationship desires, it would be most greatful."
    Me and Jamie nod in unison.
"Your parents have been made aware of the situation and agree full heartedly that it will help the both of you in the long run. Now, Lynn. Your father mentioned that you start a job today. Will that have any effect towards your school work focus?"
    My heart sank to my stomach. So much for telling Jamie in private. I don't want to look at her eyes. She drops my hand and I feel as if I burned her.
"No, Sir."
"Good. Alright ladies. I'll give you a pass for this tardy, avoid any trouble."
"I have a small question?" Jamie speaks up.
"Yes, Miss James?"
"Is it possible you can talk to my teachers abou" he cuts her off.
"I already have, dear. All teachers are aware of what to look out for for seizure wise. They know you might space out. And they are aware of your tiredness from recent and upcoming events. I have taken every step I can to ensure your safety, Miss James."
"Thank you."
"Alright. Off to class."
    We head out of the office and she pulls me into the nearest bathroom. I know what's coming... I can't bring myself to look in her eyes.
"A job?" I nod to her question.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I was going to. I just got caught up with.. well.. you." I sigh and keep my face looking at my hands.
"You could have told me."
"I was going to... but you fell asleep before I could."
"I wish you would have told me."
"I'm sorry. I just want to feel useful around your house. If I have a job, I can pitch in. Plus I owe my dad some money."
"You don't need to pitch in for anything. You're my guest. And you aren't even a guest if you are living at home with me."
    Home... with her? Did she mean it like that?
"You should have told me, Lynn. I'm not mad, just a little sad you didn't say anything."
"I was going to. I swear it. It's just hard.."
"How?"
"I don't like to make you sad. I don't like to see you upset. I.. don't like the look you get in your eyes, the change of their color. You can deny it but your eyes don't lie."
"Which is why you won't look at me."
    I simply nod. I didn't want to see the disappointment.
"Listen, Lynn. I get to come home with you. And you get to come home to me." I hear her laugh a small, short laugh. "To me, that's all that matters."
   I look up. Her eyes do show sadness but it fades quickly as her normal blue is set in place. I smile.
   The bell rings and startled me. Jamie grabs my hand and intertwined our fingers. We walk down the hallway to Science. And to Abby. Her shock sends through waves as she sits next to Jamie.
"Uh... Hi."