Chapter 4

-LYNN'S P.O.V-

"Please don't have another seizure. I don't think I can carry you on my own. You're the strong one of all of us, not me. 100lbs is too much for me." I hear Rose say.
What does that mean? Jamie looks so sad. Did she get hurt? I am worrying myself. I hadn't see her the rest of yesterday though..
I think I started a mini panic attack. I don't know why but I don't want her hurt at all. I hate seeing her without a smile.
I wanted to hug her.. to hold.. to ki.. wait no. She is a friend. Sort of. But I wanted to comfort her in some way. Seeing her cry this morning hurt me.
Seeing Abby hug her like she did made me slightly mad. I guess I am jealous. God this girl is making me lose my sanity and she doesn't even know it.
After class was over, everyone heads to lunch. Jamie and her friends sat close together. She looks so tired.
I come up to them and ask if I can sit with them. They smile and let me. I am happy to be around her.
I don't want to mention this morning with them around so I make small talk. When the others start to leave Jamie and head their own ways, I stay. I just want to be close.
"I saw you this morning. You looked really sad." I said to her in a caring way.
She looked up in shock, wide eyed and scared.
"W..was. Had some issues yesterday." She stutters at first. Her stutters are so cute to me.
"Are you okay now? I ...uh.. worried about you." I don't believe I just said I worried out loud. Fuck. She is going to reject me now.
"N..no need to worry." She smiles. Her smile was beautiful, her lips so ..
I reached out to hug her and she hugs me back.
"I'm glad you're okay." I'm showing my caring side more and more to her. It's confusing.
"Yeah" the bell rings and I help her up from where she sat.
"Thanks" she smiles again.
"Uh.. Here's my number, you can text me anytime, 10am, 3am, 11pm. I'll respond, Promise." I handed her a piece of paper that I ripped out of my binder with my number.
    All of what I just said actually took me by surprise more than I think it did her. I've not really done this before. Making friends has always been difficult.
She thanks me again and walks off to her class. I stand here a second before walking in the opposite direction. Sam and Zack are going to be on my ass about this.
I scrunched my face as I walked to my locker to see them standing there.
"Fuck" I mumble.
"What was that?" Sam smirks. Knowing exactly what I said.
"Uhh. What's up?"
"What's up? What's up? You gave Jamie your number!" Zack was nearly shouting.
"Yeah. So? Also... when you're giddy, you sound gay. Just saying." Sam starts laughing to my words.
"Oh, honey, I know" he winks at me.
"Dear god have mercy." I groan.
I wait here amused by his actions. Sam finally speaks again. "So she hugged you too. Feel nice?"
I punch her arm before shyly nodding.
"Now I am waiting for her to text me. Don't know if she will though."
"She will, Lynn. Just chill." Sam smiles.
I hugged her and Zack before heading out to my car. Leaving for home.
"LYNN.." Dad runs out of the house yelling.
Somehow I feel in trouble. I have no idea why I would be. I didn't do anything wrong.
"So, you gave someone your number?" He says winking.
"Ye..wait, how did you know?" I am shocked, getting out of my car and heading inside, waiting for his answer.
"..Sam." he smiles at me.
"Shit." I covered my mouth so fast. It slipped. Okay. It slipped.
"Language. Also, despite the curse word, I am proud of you." I look up at him and his words.
"I'm sorry. And she is just a friend. Why do you guys keep pestering me about her?" Angry at all of them.
"What's her name?" Completely ignoring my question, he sits on the couch next to me.
"Uh.. Jamie."
"Oooo. She sounds cute. Is she cute?" He is teasing me at this point. He already asked me that but he just wants a kick out of me.
"Dad, just like Zack, you are starting to sound a tad bit... gay." I smirk at him.
"Oh, honey, I'm fabulous." He makes me kneel over from laughter.
"Yes." Catching my breath to speak.
"Yes what?" He raised an eyebrow in questioning.
"She is cute." I say before getting up to go to my room.
I don't want to talk about it anymore. I can't think of her anymore. Even though she has been on my mind for a while. With her blond hair and beautiful blue eyes.
Nope. I try and push her features from my thoughts. I will do homework, that derails my brain for a bit, right?
"DINNER." Dad yells.
I run out of my room, starving, I could eat an elephant.
"Lasagna" Dad says.
"Yaaaaaay" I yell out.
His cooking is to die for. He taught me, but I let him cook because his seems to taste better than my own. Everything homemade, even the pasta and sause.
I ate 3 servings. Pretty much as always.
"Glad I went to the gym." I pat my abed stomach.
"Was it good?" He asks as if he doesn't know.
"You lie. You know it was. "
"Maybe you could invite Jamie over sometime." He searches my face for a reaction.
"I...uh.. I.. No." I was frozen and just barely am able to let those words out.
"Whenever you're ready, kiddo. I would like to meet her. Afterall, she could be family someday."
I feel myself blush heavily. I am dying. I can't breath. My body heats with embarrassment. No one else is around but still I feel embarrassed.
"I'm going to bed."
"Night, kiddo."
"Night."
I walk off into my room. Finishing my homework before crawling in bed. I know it is only 9.. But I'm tired. And then my phone dings.
~Hey. It's Jamie. -Jamie.
~Hey, Jamie. What's up?
~I'm about to go to bed. Rather sleep than deal with Zee. -Jamie.
~Zee?
It must be her sister? The twins name? Maybe she will tell me. I wait for a couple of minutes for her response.
~My twin. Ever since I came out, she has been a bitch. -Jamie.
~Came out?
I am left with nothing for a good 10 minutes. It said she read it but every time a bubble appeared to show typing, it disappeared just as fast.
~Mhm. Falling asleep. See you tomorrow. -Jamie.
~Night.
The last message was left unread. I think I upset her..
I texted Sam.
~She texted me.
~Ooooooh. How'd that go? -Sam.
~She said something about her sister giving her touble. And I asked why.
~So? -Sam.
~She said something about coming out.
~The plot thickens. -Sam.
~Shut the fuck up. I didn't think the rumors around school about her being with a girl were true.
~Guess they are. Going to bed. Talk to you tomorrow, Lynn. -Sam.
~Night.
That message was also left unseen. Guess no one likes real goodbyes. Don't blame them.
    I sleep. All I can do to get rid of time and too lazy to do anything else for the night. I sleep.

Sitting in class, bored out of my mind. She moves to sit next to me.
"What's up?" I ask.
"N..Nothing. Bored." I wonder if her stutter is cause she is uncomfortable around me. Probably is.
I lean over when she isn't looking and look at what she is drawing. An owl. It's beautiful. I snatch the sketchpad from her.
She yells at me as I flip through her art. And then she whacks my arm.
"Ow!" I exaggerate.
She looks up wide eyed and started apologize.
"I'm sorry. So Sorry."
I'm shocked that she is so gullible, she took the chance to take her sketchpad back. I think she knew I was joking.
"It's fine, they're beautiful" I point to the book that was clutched close to her chest.
My eyes linger but they aren't looking at her book. I catch myself and blush. I think she saw me.
"T..thanks, L..Lynn." She's blushing and has a shy smile.
I grab her hand without thinking. I go red before pulling my hand back to her reaction. She looks at me like she is pissed.
The bell rings and I get up and walk out of the room. Have to get out of there, I can't deal with another rejection. Not again.
Found myself walking in the courtyards corner before I shed a few tears. I'm just going to drive myself mad. Fall for this girl like I did the last and got my ass rejected.

My alarm goes off, it is already 6 and I haven't showered. I groan and just took in the music.
'When darkness falls, we are reborn. Our dream since the fall of man, we are reborn.' -Killswitch Engaged: When Darkness Falls.
I swip dismiss on my phone for the alarm. Ugh. Gotta shower and go. Wing my eyes and do my other makeup before heading out to see Dad eat cereal.
"Want some?" He asked.
"I'm good. I have to get to school early."
"Drive safe. And say thanks to Sam for me. Glad to know she's the gossip daughter out of the two of you loonybins."
"Ffiiine. Bye."
P

ulling in to the parking lot of the school and sit here for a moment. I don't want to face today. Not after my dream. It was a really weird dream and felt too real.