Chapter 28

-LYNN'S P.O.V-

   It's sad to have her think that of me. But I am glad Jamie spoke her mind. And I did too.
    I mean it that I love her and I am here because of that and not a promise. There is no pressure from the promise that is making me stay. I could leave...but I don't want to. So I won't.
    After yesterday, it frustrates me. I mean... in all ways possible it is my fault that she is laying here with new fucking stitches. I didn't mean to make her upset. But at least the doctor says she is healing. Her brain swelling is decreasing, which is fucking great.
    But now, it's 5 am. And I have to get ready for school. I really don't want to leave her. She is clinging onto me like we are superglue together.
    It doesn't bother me. She is really warm and it feels nice to just have her here. Here with me...finally.
    I sigh silently before getting up slowly. Trying not to wake her because she needs the sleep more than she needs me. And so need a shower.
    After showering, changing and putting some make up on... I kiss her hand softly. Of course, making sure she is covered and that she won't fall off the bed without me.
    I wave to the nurse as I leave.
"I should be back around 1."
"See you soon!"

    Okay. Okay. In the car, now to drive... away from her. I could tell this day would be slow.

"How is she?" Abby asked as soon as she saw me.
"She's doing better. Broke her stitches open last night though."
"Of course she did."
"It was my fault..."
"How could it be?" Sam asked
"We were talking. She said some...really bad things. Things about me only staying cause of my promise."
"But that's not true?" Abby crossed her arms.
"Oh god no. I love her. And it's not forced by the promise." I hold up the ring.
"So explain how the stitches came in.." Sam raised an eyebrow.
"She saw my wrists and got mad at herself. Literally threw her head back into the pillow. It wasn't her fault..."
"Yeah but her getting her stitches reopened wasn't yours either." Abby takes my hands and sees my wrists.
"It was a rough night and few days. For all of us." Abby let's my hands go.
"You got it worse than all of us, I would say." Sam says.
"I guess."
    The bell rings and I have to start these classes. I'm glad there isn't really many classes. Just History, Science, Math and Art. But I love art.
    History goes by slow. Like really fucking slow. I can't stop thinking about Jamie to even focus on what the fuck he is talking about. And now we have to do a timeline for homework.
    Whatever information is given, he also gives me an extra book for help so I can help Jamie. Which is nice because it will help me too, seeing how I barely paid attention.
    Science goes by slower. We're in 11th and still are talking about cells. That's stuff that we already know. Big plus, I got another book for Jamie. My backpack is getting heavily annoying.
    Math. Rose sits next to me.
"How is she? I would have asked sooner but I was with Zee."
"She's doing better. Just stubborn. Is it like that with Zee too?"
"Yep. Must be a twin thing. I love Jamie and have been her friend for years... you'll get use to it...or sink to her level." She winks.
   The fuck does she mean by that?
"So.. You and Zee.. that's weird."
"We've been together for a year... off and on.. I couldn't deal with her friends.. And now it's me or them and she dropped their asses like the shit they were."
    I laugh at her. It is weird though. I mean, Jamie and Zee are nothing alike. Even down to features. They might be identical but you can tell who is who.
    With Zee, she is more preppy. Her hair isn't always straight like Jamie's. Her eyes are a bit more green than blue. Her wardrobe is hideous. Pink almost everything. It makes me shudder in being grossed out.
    And Jamie... Jamie has her hair straight most of the time. Her eyes are bluer than oceans and deeper than their deepest of seas. You could drown in them. She wears mostly black and red. She could get away with wearing nothing and I sure as hell wouldn't mind. But everything about her, even her scars, are absolutely beautiful.
"Earth to Lynn. Earth to Lynn." Rose snaps her fingers in front of my face.
"What?"
"Day dreamer, class is over. Teacher wants to talk to you, though."
"..great"
    I watch her leave and walk up to the teacher.
"Hello, Lynn. How is Jamie doing?"
"She is strong... And stubborn. But they say she could make a full recovery."
"That's great. Okay, so. These are all the papers she has missed and the ones you have as well. I'll give you this book and it should help you both in the long run."
"Okay?"
"Are you going to help her with her work?"
"Yeah, I will be."
"Okay, great. I will see you tomorrow, Lynn."
    He waved and I walked out of the room.
   Art.
"Okay, Class. Today we will be doing stilllife portraits. Just basic colors used, cool or warm. Just cool. Or just warm. Not both sides. This will be due next week." He walks over and sits across from me.
"I have some work for Jamie to do. It's not due til the end of semester for her, though. I don't want her to feel rushed. Can you get it to her?"
"Uh.. yeah?"
"Great."
...Why does everyone think I can give Jamie her stuff. I didn't ask anyone but my history teacher.
~Why does every teacher think I'm the mailman for Jamie?
~Because the whole school knows you're dating. -Abby
~WHAT?
~Yeah. It's not that big of a problem. -Sam.
~What if I wasn't ready to come out?
~Was there 1 comment about you being gay? At all? 1? Cause if so, I'll beat their ass. -Abby.
~No.. I just didn't think they would accept it?
~Everyone sort of just does their own thing. It doesn't bother anyone. Besides, headcheerleader came out Monday. -Sam
~Wait... Emma? Really?
~Yeah. I already knew. She had a thing for Jamie. -Abby.
     For some odd reason that made my blood boil. No one would touch her. No one will touch her. ...is this what jealousy is? Fucking help me.
~Don't get mad. DON'T GET MAD. -Abby.
~You have Jamie, Lynn. Doesn't matter. Anyway. You're both out. Work it in public lol -Sam
~Oh, totally. Kiss it up in the courtyard. -Abby.
~Jeeez. Fucking stop. Okay.
~Ready to leave and get back to her? -Abby.
~More than you know.
~10 minutes, Lynn. You'll be fine. -Sam
~That's a long time. A really long time.
~Nah. Just don't think about it.-Abby.

"Alright class. We will pick up where we left off tomorrow."
    He walks over to my desk with a bunch of papers to draw on.
"All the projects and information on how to do them are in here." He hands me a packet of papers.
"And remind her it's not due til end of semester."
   I get my stuff together quickly and head out. Abby and Sam walk up to me before I leave.
"You'll be fine. She will be fine." Abby says.
"If anything, ask what she wants and do it. Just not IT..."
    I slap Abby's arm.
"You're annoying."
"Okay. Get the fuck out of here. You're going to miss your girl." Sam says.
"Wait. Abby. What does Jamie like to eat?"
"Well, bacon for starters. Or chicken nuggets Why?"
"Drink? Fries? Details bitch. I'm hungry and she might be too."
"Tea and Yes. Leave. Be doctor feelgood with a side of food and love."
    Sam busts out laughing.
"Jesus, Abby. You're weird."
"Bye."

    I run to my car. I don't have much cash but it will be enough. I can't wait to go back to her.
"2 20 piece nuggets. 2 large fries and 2 teas."
    40 chicken nuggets.. I think that will be enough. I laugh to myself.
    I didn't think to ask the doctor if she could eat outside food but they didn't really care when she ordered the pizza off the menu last night. And that thing was caked with grease.
    I forgot about my backpack that I had to carry... shit. Multi purpose holder, stuffing the food bag in my backpack and getting out of the car with our drinks. Had to carry all this shit. God this is stupid.

    Getting in her room, she is still asleep. She looks like an angel. Too bad I have food.
    I take a nugget out of the bag and wave it in front of her nose. She stirs for a moment. Then she bites it. Her eyes are still fucking closed.
"Mm." My face goes red.
"Nuuuugggetss"
"Uh... yes."
    Her eyes flutter open.
"You're the best, babe."
     I hand her the box of nuggets. Her eyes widen and her face lights with excitement. A moan comes out with every bite. I should not be fucking turned on right now.
    I eat in silence...mainly because if we weren't in here she would be completely naked. I have to push the thought out of my head, I was already drooling.
"You okay, babe?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You look like a tomato." She gasps "Are you blushing?"
"No..." ...I was, totally was..
"Right. Sit with me. I feel like you're so far away."
"I'm in a chair next to you with a food tray between us."
"Not good enough, HOLD me."
"Specifics, okay. Did you finish eating?"
     She opens the box and shows me. Not even a crumb left. I still had like 6. I split it and hand her the other half. It takes her 2 seconds to eat them.
"Please? I'm cold" She makes a pout face.
"At least let me take care of the trash."
"Fiiiine."
    I took the tray and dumped it. She ate like a pig, honestly. I don't know how she is only 100lbs. It was cute actually.
   Taking my place next to her. It feels nice. Wrapping my arms around her tightly and I feel whole again. This...is one of the best feelings in the world.

-burp noise.-  "sorry."
    I look over at her and start laughing.
"Was it good, love?"
"Burpworthy?" She shrugs.
     I kept laughing. And now I feel full.
"You're ridiculous. I fucking love you."