Chapter 2

-LYNN'S P.O.V-
After getting ready to go, my torn jeans and tight shirt, make up done. Dad forces me to eat with him before work and school.
"Gotta go, Dad! Seriously, I ate enough." I push my plate away.
"Fine, drive safe." He points at me.
"Will do. Love you dad" I say as I get up and run to the door. Grabbing my stuff on the couch and keys off the table by the front door.
"Byyye, Daaad!" I practically shout as I run through the threshold and out to my car.
    Getting to school is fine, the classes are long but otherwise fine. It's the people. There are limited people groups that I can actually fit into. I mean, who wants to be friends with someone that is gothic and emo? No one.
    Grabbing my headphone to put in during classes, I get a feeling I'm being watched. Looking up to see dark blue eyes staring at me. Her eyes are beautiful. I swear I saw red creep up into her cheeks but I doubt it.
Rose punches her and she looks up and looks pissed. I smile before I can tear my eyes off of her. I memorize her face within the first look.
Short blond hair, scrunched up in a beanie. Black shirt with a band on it and ripped skinny jeans. Her face is something out of a model magazine and her lips were rather plump and thick.
My face redens as I think about her beauty.
Lunch! I settle at my corner as my friends walk up to me and flop down.
"You gonna eat that, Lynn?" Says Zack.
"Yes, I am. No, Zack, you can't have it." I say in annoyance.
"I heard 'You can'.." he smirks.
"Asshole, I said no. Ask Sam. Maybe she will give you something beside a punch in the face." He snickers at me in response.
"Ask me what?" Sam looks over curiously.
"For more fooooood." Zack pats his stomach with a frown.
"You ate all yours?" Sam sighs. He just nods in her direction and does an annoying pout.
"Ugh. Fine, babe. Cut the frown though, you look like a cry baby." Sam hands him her her pizza slice.
"Love you, babes." I make a sickly sound towards them as they are about to kiss.
"Shut up, Lynn. Not like I haven't noticed you checking out Jamie." Sam said
"Her name is Ja.. NO, I don't know what you're talking about." I instantly turn red.
"Right. That explains your space outs, sighing AND constant blushing." she lets out a small laugh.
"Fuck off." I get up and walk out.
I can't do this again. Last time I went for someone, they turned me down and threatened to tell about me being bi. I won't go there again. Nope.
    School day is coming to an end and I decide to do some homework in the courtyard. She is there and instantly started looking at me. I feel exposed or ugly or something now.
I tense up as if feeling her pain when her...twin?... kicks her. After a moment she is waving goodbye to her friends and then looks at me again before leaving. Is there something on my face?
After she is out the door, I collect my things and walk out to my car. Couldn't help but look in the mirror to see if there was literally something on my face but there isn't. Whatever.
Music. I need music. I put on some Pandora that switches through many alteritave bands. Homebound I head.
"You're going to bust your speakers, Lynn" my Dad yells from the porch.
"Not" I turn down the radio and shut off the engine.
My Dad gets my door for me.
"Thanks, Dad"
"No problem. How was your day?" He smiles to me.
"Uhh, fine. There was this weird girl staring at me like the whole day."
"Was she pretty?" My Dad winks.
"Uh.. n..no." I trip over my words and my mind is screaming 'Yes'.
"So that a yes." I look at him funny.
"Know you better than that, kiddo. Lying to me isn't as easy as you think"
I groan in response.
My stomach growls around 6. I didn't know my Dad heard it until he said something.
"What?" I ask him
"Hungry, kiddo?" He smiles from across the couch.
I nod and then hold up the cat in his face.
"Want some Chinese food?" I wink before cracking up laughing at myself.
"Yes" he replies.
"Me too. But not out of Daisy."
"Order it for delivery, Lynn" he hands me his card to pay.
After eating, I end up falling asleep on the couch. But find myself waking in my bed instead of the couch. Dad must have carried me.
Checking the time and seeing it is only 5, too late to go back to bed. Maybe I'll go for a walk. No. I'll go to the gym.
Getting in my car and pulling out. I drive slower because there is someone running or jogging on the side if the road. At least get on the sidewalk, dumbass.
Pulling up the the gym and heading in, I am almost alone. Checked in and changed. Workout time.
I put in my music and start doing set ups. Once done, I got to the treadmill and walked for a long bit.
"Shit" I said as I looked down at the time.
Running off the treadmill and into the locker room, calling my Dad.
"Hey Dad." I say panting.
"Hey, kid, where are you?" He sounded concerned through the phone.
"Gym. I didn't see the time. I'm going to shower and dress here. I'll see you after school." I say while catching my breath.
"Okay. Hey, Lynn..."
"Yes, Dad?"
"Talk to the girl." He laughed before he hung up the call before I could respond.
"Dammit." That's too awkward. I don't want to do it and most definitely don't want to be attached to her in anyway. It just wouldn't work out.
After showering and changing, I put on my make up. I make sure multiple times that nothing looked off so she had nothing to stare at if it was something bad. Why do I even care? I don't know her.
Walking in the school, Abby runs up to me. I didn't think we were friends? She and I just had a few classes together but never talked.
"So. Uh. My friend wants to meet you. She is shy with making new friends, though. The asshole thinks I'm like the owls from Harry Potter."
My eyes widen and before I knew it I was stopped in my tracks.
"What?" I asked in a small voice.
"You heard me. Please don't make me repeat myself." She says before walking off.
It's fine. It's fine. What the fuck just happened? Her friend is trying to set us up?
"Lynn, did you hear me?" Sam says as she appears next to me. I swear the bitch is a ninja.
"No, what?"
"I asked what that was about?" She raises an eyebrow.
"Uh... apparently Jamie told her friend that she wants to meet me?"
I jump to the sound of her squeal.
"Sorry. And you have to do it. I know last time backfired but you need this."
"Need what?" I responded.
Her arms crossed "Love."
"No. I don't need that." I mumble.
"Right" she sighs.
"Whatever, Lynn. I just want you to be happy. You had Zack finally ask me to be with him and that made me happy. Why can't I be your matchmaker like you were mine?" She frowns.
"Because I am different. And besides Abby said friends."
"Then start from there, dumbass." She stuck her tongue out.
"Ugh.." I start to walk away and she yells "Do it!" to me as I walk out.
Setting my feet on autopilot towards my classes and continue til lunch. I didn't want to deal with Sam and Zack make fun of me because I was so flustered over this chick.
She walks into the room with her tray of food along with Abby and Rose. She has a big red mark on her cheek and a cut on her lip. I kind of am mad seeing that.
Wearing a loose black shirt and black shortshorts. Is she wearing boxers? Wait, why am I thinking about her..undies?
Abby looks up at me and smiles. I see her grab Rose and say "let's go". Abby is a bitch. I don't think I am ready to do this. I don't need new friends. Oh god.
I walk over to her and she looks up with a smile. Her split lip makes me feel bad. I smile back before speaking to her.