Chapter 3

-JAMIE'S P.O.V-

She is looking at me. She is looking at me and I can feel her gaze. I don't look up to her though.
"Let's go" Abby says to Rose. I snap my head to them, ready to plea that they stay..
"N..No" I stutter. They laugh and walk off.
"Fuck." I mumble under my breath.
She smiles and starts to walk over to me. I can't help but smile back. I feel heat rise into my face, making where Zee slapped me throb.
She sits next to me and finally speaks.
"So Abby told me that you wanted to talk to me."
"N..no, I mean ye..eah. But I..I swear I ne..never told her to talk t..to you for m..me." I just ran a marathon through stutter Olympics and won the goddamn medal.
"That's fine. She sounded fishy. I don't think she likes me much." She says to me.
"She doesn't like anyone" I manage to get out with a stutter.
"Well, that makes me feel better" she sounded upset.
"I..I'm sorry.. it..t's a no offense type o..of thing." Ugh, ripple effect in my words.
"Oh." She draws back the sad tone.
"I'm Lynndsie, by the way, but you can call me Lynn"
"I..I'm J..Jamie." FUUUUCK. Stop stuttering you idiot.
"Sweet." She said.
The bell rings and then it wasn't so 'sweet' anymore. We get up and separate after taking care of our lunch stuff. I catch the eye of Abby and Rose.
I run up to them both and punch both of them in the arms.
"You fucking asshole. Why did you do that to me?" I'm almost shouting.
"You needed it." They say in unison.
My eye twitches. "Right. Like I need to be embarrassed in front of my crus.." I shut up real quick before finishing the word.
"Your what?" Both yelling at the same time.
"Nothing" I said and felt myself turn red as a tomato. My bruise throbing in pain.
"Mhm, Jamie. Look, man. Just be friends with her." Rose said.
"Besides, who said you had to make a move on her?" Abby adds in.
"I looked like an idiot, dude. I was suttering. I couldn't even stop. I don't even know why."
Rose wiggled her eyebrows.
"Stop, Rose. You and Abby are dickheads." I put my thumb and finger to my nose bridge and pinch it slightly in irritation.
"Uh.. bloody nose? Do you need to go to the nurse. Cause last time this happened, you ended up having a seizure."
I just shake my head at Abby and walked to class in silence. Luckily, saaarcassmm, both of them were in my class and they couldn't stop staring at me. I was just stressed for no reason.
I lay my head down on the desk and ended up blacking out.
I wake up in the nurses office on the little cot. She sees me stir and walked over.
"Jamie, you're okay. You just had a seizure and blacked out. Abby and Rose carried you in here."
My mind goes blank for a second. Making sure I heard her right, I try to sit myself up but fall back into the cushion. I want to puke. I really want to puke.
"Jamie, stop trying to move so fast. I called your Mom and she will be here to get you in a few minutes."
I manage to whisper "Okay." And a few moments found myself able to say more so ..
"Thank you, Jen. I..I'm sorry.." I felt like crying.
"You're safe, that's all that matters, Jamie."
My vision goes black and I'm home again.
I wake up in my bed with my mom holding me.
"Mom?" I try to get her attention. She's crying...
"Hey, honey." She wipes her tears before kissing my forehead.
"What's wrong? How did I get here?"
"You had a seizure at school. Abby and Rose helped you to the nurses office. She said you woke up in there and she told you what happened and then you had another seizure." At the last bit she started crying again.
"Oh. W..Why are you crying?"
"They're getting worse Jamie. I'm really worried and the meds aren't working anymore." She looks down to me and squeezes me softly.
"I just worry, babygirl. Isn't a mother allowed to worry?" She smiles but it's fake.
"Not you. I'm fine. Um..can I just go to sleep? I'm not hungry and am really, really tired." I plead to her.
"Also, I grounded Zee for slapping you this morning. She shouldn't have gone that far to leave a bruise. Or at all." She pauses... "Yeah. No jog in the morning though or gym tomorrow." She lets me go and get off the bed.
"Fine. Thanks and night." I say before she closes the door.
I roll over and put my face down in my pillow and start crying. What is wrong with me? I feel like a complete fuck up.
Is it Karma slapping me for ..calling her my crush? Zee always said that it was wrong to be with another woman..maybe that's it. I cried myself to sleep. Again, I dream.

I fall and have a seizure in front of Lynn. Watching her run away is the last thing I see before my vision fades. I scared her away... I scared her way..
I wake up to find myself in my room, someone's hand holding mine. I look over and see Lynn. I yanked my hand away, maybe too hard.
"Uhh.. Sorry. I can leave. I just got worried, Jamie." She says in a hushed tone.
"I..I.." my throat knots.
"D..Don't go" I managed to get out. I must sound aweful. She looked at me with sadness.
I didn't know what to do other than close my eyes. I felt a tear shed.
"You r..ran." I was starting to think maybe the stutter wasn't just a her thing. Maybe it was the epilepsy getting to me.
"To get help, I didn't know how to help you by myself." She says to me softly.
"I..I thought I.. h..had scared y..you away" I felt more tears slide down my cheeks. And then I felt her thumbs wipe them away.
I open my eyes and didn't realize how close she was to me.
"You did. Scare me, I mean. But it didn't 'scare me away' " She made air quotes at my words.
I laugh at it and smile.
"You're cute when you smile" she blurts out quickly.
My whole face goes red, I can feel it. I must look like a damn idiot. I swear I am dying. She is making me crazy.

Mom woke me up in the morning, I had one hell of a headache. I just got ready and put make up on. I didn't shower because I didn't want to push another seizure.
Mom took me to school instead of Zee. She made me promise that if I felt off I would go to the nurse as soon as possible and so I promised. She said the I love yous and said bye so she could leave for work.
The second I got into the school I was spotted by Abby and Rose. They jump me and hug me, trying to kill me for sure. Hugging feels wrong to me thiugh, its always been that way. And Lynn was looking over at us with some sort of fire in her eyes.
    Maybe I angered her the other day by not saying anything else after the bell. Maybe I did something. I can't remember most of yesterday because the seizures.
"Jamie, you okay?" Abby asks.
"Please tell me you're okay." Rose states.
"I'm fine" I say slugishly.
I got bombarded by another hug, from Mike this time.
"Jamie, you had us worried. A seizure in class. The whole class was freaking out. Or so Abby said." He says, looking really concerned.
"Oh, right. I did it in front of a whole class. That's great." I felt a tear drop. Abby immediately hug me.
     So many hugs... what's with people and constantly hugging?
"It's okay, Jamie. I'm sure they will understand." She says to me.
"Mom said that I had another one in the nurses office after I woke up. I don't remember a damn thing." I bury my face into Abby's shoulder feeling myself cry. A hug I enjoy so she can hide my shame.
"You'll be fine. Let's go clean your face up a bit. Before classes start." Abby takes my hand and leads me to the bathroom.
She reapplies my makeup and made me laugh here and there.
"Lynn kept looking at me funny like." I changed the topic to her. I am not sure why...
"I bet she saw you crying" Rose says.
Abby slaps her quickly.
"Maybe she was jealous that I hugged you and held you" Abby winks.
"Yeah right." I looked at her dead in the eye.
She sighs before saying "I'll ask her, I have a class with her this morning"
"Noooo. Don't do that. She will know I was looking at her too..an" She put a finger to my lips before I continued.
"I'll make it sound right. Trust me"
"Don't tell her I have epilepsy. I don't want her to be scared away. I'm lucky to even have you guys that have stuck around." I look between the two.
"Rose. Watch her this morning? I don't have classes with you guys til the afternoon" Rose quickly nods.
We separated and walk to class.
Rose spoke to me a little too loudly.. wonderfully.. "Please don't have another seizure. I don't think I can carry you on my own. You're the strong one of all of us, not me. 100lbs is too much for me."
I nod and then notice Lynn looking at me... I think she heard.. She heard..