Chapter 9

-JAMIE'S P.O.V-

The day was going by slowly, honestly. But I didn't mind. Lynn was here with me and it was better than being stuck in a school with my sister.
Lynn dad came into the room.
"Hey, Kiddo." He said and Lynn got off the bed.
"Hey dad. This is Jamie."
"Hi, Jamie. So nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you." My face flushed with heat.
"Dad."
"Right. So here are some things. I grabbed what I could. I didn't know what to get exactly."
"This is fine." She said without even looking in the bag.
"I'm Robert, Jamie. And I look forward to getting to know you" he smiled at me. I nodded and smiled back.
"Okay, girls. Got to work in the morning. Lynn, shower, you smell."
"I do not." She said as she lifted her arm up.
"Smell and tell me you think I stink."
I started laughing at them.
To my surprise he smelled her armpit. And simply said "Yes. Like lavender vanilla." And then he ruffled her hair.
"Okay, dad. You can go now." She started to push him out.
"Bye, girls!"

About an hour after he left, she ordered some food from the cafeteria and made me eat. It made me feel useless, having someone feed me. At the same time, I really liked her being close to me.
"I'm going to shower, Jamie. I'll be out in like 10 minutes."
"Okay." I nod.
As she stepped into the bathroom and the door closed, I let out a sigh. This girl knew my medical issues and didn't run. She even held me while I slept.
I woke up tangled in her embrace and I felt whole. I didn't want to leave her warmth but I had to. She made me eat when I wanted to just lay with her instead.
I do admit, I slept great. Even with pains in my back, I slept like I haven't ever before. I felt better with her around.
I don't want to fall for this girl but I think I am.
"Penny for your thoughts?" She walked back in. She was wearing shortsshorts that were cute night pants. And a tank top that could qualify as a crop top. Her stomach was carved perfectly.
"Uh.. Just thinking about sleep." I wasn't at all. I just wanted her to lay next to me. Why ...I can't fucking stop myself from thinking these thoughts.
"Oh. Okay." She climbed into the bed beside me. Without me even asking her to.
I couldn't help, my head was so heavy...I rested my head on her shoulder. Her hair smelled like fruitypebbles. Oh my god it's intoxicatingly good.
My eyes started to close and I felt the world slowly drift away. I kept having sharp pains in my back but I moved closer to her and her body heat was enough to keep me comfortable. And I slept.
I'm glad she cared for me. Now maybe I can be with her....no She is my friend. But why am I snuggling her?
I have leg over hers and my arm lay over her stomach, hand on her waist. I could feel her toned belly, it was extremely sexy. It was extremely sexy.
I put my face in the nap of her neck and she smelled of fruitypebbles and vanilla. I'm dreaming, right? This is a sick joke? My mind is playing a trick on me.
I felt hot tears run down my cheeks and created it wasn't. I am falling in love with her. And it isn't my choice. My heart has already been given to her. I wish this wasn't a dream.

I felt a warm hand touch my cheek.
"Jamie..." I jolted to the sound.
"Why are you crying? Are you okay?" Lynn... It was Lynn. She was really here.
"I.. uh.. had a bad dream" I didn't lie. The dream literally broke my heart.
I realised I was practically on top of her.
"Oh, god. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to squash you." She giggled softly.
"You weren't, Jamie. It's fine. You can go back to sleep" she said to me.
I did... And didn't move out of her arms. I listened to the sound of her heart beating before I fell back asleep. It was peaceful, relaxing and made me feel happy.

I woke up around 8 but didn't move. She was still asleep and she looked so beautiful. I was wrapped in her arms and could feel the rise of air in her chest and the release. Why was this peaceful? Why did it feel right?
I wanted to kiss her.. Her lips were lush and full.. I just wanted to kiss her but I know I couldn't.
I am over the moon that she accepts me for my medical issues. But once she sees my scars... She will be out of here. I sigh softly before slowly leaving her embrace.
Now I felt so cold.
"Jamie?" She rubbed the sleep from her eyes.
"Mhm?"
"You okay? You cried in your sleep last night."
I turned a dark shade of red. "Yeah.. Just a bad dream I guess."
"Okay. Do you need anything?" She asked before getting out of the bed.
"A nurse to take out this stupid iv."
"I doubt they will but I can ask." She said before walking out of the room.
About 10 minutes later she comes in with a nurse.
"Okay, Jamie. We're going to try and take you off fluids for a little while. If you feel anything wrong at all, make sure you tell us asap. Okay?" She says and I just nod.
Lynn had a goofy smile on her face. It was cause of my reaction to being free. I raised my arms in victory.
"What are you smiling at?"
"You. You're weird." She says with a giggle.
"Mm... mhm."
"Okay. Homework. I need help. Honestly I can't even turn a fraction to a percentage."
I raise my eyebrow and try to hold back a laugh.
"Oh boy." I say and then burst out with laughter.
"It's not funny!!!" She looked mad at me.
"This is going to be fun." I pat the bed next to me.
"Bring my stuff and yours over, please?" I was honestly too fucking lazy to get up.
"Okay, teach." She winked.
She winked at me... either it was real or I really an feeling light headed. I did feel dizzy a bit but it was normal.
"Oh god. You did not just call me that. I'm only 17 and I'm not ready to be an old boring teacher" I cover my face with my hands.
"Not old, not boring. Older than me though." She says.
"Wouldn't be suprised. I'm the oldest, besides Zee, in our class. My birthday was the day after school started, so I had to wait a year."
"When's your birthday?"
"The second of August, yours?" I really wanted to know.
"Day after Valentine's day."
"You probably get a lot of love between those two day. Probably got so many admirers."
"No, actually."
We gathered our papers and started talking about math equations. Her questions were almost repetitive. I tried so hard not to laugh.

After getting done with our homework, I wanted a shower. I felt...nasty and unclean.
"Hey, I'm going to try to shower." I started to get off the bed and wobbled a bit.
"You sure you should? You seem shaky."
"No, I'll be fine." I grabbed all my things and headed for the bathroom.
I was stumbling my way out of my clothes. I felt really dizzy but I wanted a shower. I turned on the water to the shower and waited for the temp to rise.
I tried to get in the shower. I tried. I collapsed. I heard myself yell out in pain but it rang in my ears.
I couldn't breath and my vision was fading. I was shaking so bad, it felt like the world is what was moving. I needed help but I couldn't find anymore strength to call for it.
Lynn came bursting into the bathroom. She didn't hesitate before pulling me into her arms. The room began to spin.
My world went dark after hearing her scream for help.