Pain

"Bihaan what had happened?" I asked. His expression darkened suddenly. "Thapki... No.. I can't do this" He was scared.

I knew he was distributed, by the haunted thoughts of his past. But he has to move on. This freedom he has got after so much struggle... He can't now give up. The clouds roared louder and the sky was dark now.

Anyways, I asked him to cut the cake and his darkened expression were slowly changed to normal ones. He nodded. I presented cake made by me... Not an oven cake. "Thapki... You made this for me?" He was surprised. I nodded proudly. "This is the very first time I'm cutting the cake." He sighed. "That's why it has to be special!!" I declared wiping his wet eyelids. We both cut the cake together and he was very happy about it.

The next afternoon. The only discharged cellphone we had because of this big kid. One day has passed without any source of communication... But no we need a cellphone. What if.... No no no. Aunty's arrival also had time.... What if we need any help??

It was the next afternoon. I was glancing at the dark clouds. I'm really missing my family. Something warm covered me... I turned to see and it was a blanket, covered by Bihaan. "What happened?" He asked standing beside me. I can't say him that I miss my family.... He'll blame himself. "Nothing" I smiled. "Who asked you to get up out of bed?" I fumed dragging him to lie on bed again. "Change your dialogue chuk chuk gadi" He fumed. "Just shut up" I fumed back. "Happy?" He scoffed after lying. I covered him with the blanket. "You are again getting fever" I was worried. "Come on take medicines and sleep." I ordered. "Stop irritating me" He scoffed. "My stuffs are still packed" I blackmailed. "Okay fine.... Chuk chuk gadi.... As you say my mistress" I controlled my laugh at his childish tone.

It was evening when his all the tantrums ended and he was finally slept. "My big kid" I kissed his forehead and he cuddled.

"I'll be back soon" I hissed. And he wasn't awaken. I even didn't wanted to. I should go to Doctor aunty.... For the cellphone. So slowly I covered him properly. I wish he gets normal soon... We'll leave everything behind and will start a new life out of this city. I lit a candle so he couldn't feel alone if he gets up, in the darkness. Although he had taken the first step.... The kiss. I understand how difficult it is for him... But I was glad seeing him try. Then after locking our small world leaving Bihaan sleeping inside, I left. I didn't wanted to... But I have to.

Hiding my identity with veil of saree I went to Doctor aunty. She was always there for me. "How's he now?" she asked handing me another cellphone. "He was better but again getting fever... And his arm was bleeding again.... Those nightmares aren't letting him to live peacefully...." I sighed. "Although I left him locked inside the house... As he was resting." said I. "Hmm... I should check him once... As you said he continuously hurts his arm. I fear about it doesn't becomes serious." she was concerned. I nodded and we both left to the Hut again.

It was night now and the weather wasn't good at all. We were in car so it didn't effected much than it does in hut. I unlocked the Hut and was shocked when I saw the scenario.

Bihaan was sitting, shivering in the corner of the room... His arm hurt again. His knees were folded and arms were around them.... His face hidden in between and was badly terrified. I rushed to him fetching a glass of water with me.

I embraced him before asking anything. He was scared and his shivering body vibrated me a little. I knew what had happened.... He must had seen a nightmare related to his haunted past. "What happened Bihaan?" I still asked cupping his sweaty face. "He.... He's here.... He had... He had locked me here." he hissed shivering in my embrace. "Relax Bihaan" I poured out some tears consoling him. His fearful eyes travelled the whole dark hut. I embraced him keeping his head on my chest and my chin upon his head. "Shh... Everything is fine" I hissed caressing his stubble cheeks. "He.... He's here" He was terrified and I can hear his loud heartbeats. Fever was higher now. Aunty checked placing her hand on his forehead. "Don't touch me" He yelled. "Bihaan relax.... See who's she" I patted his cheeks. "No.... Don't.... Don't touch me" He cried hugging me. "Okay fine.... No one is touching you. Happy?" Aunty declared and he cuddled in my embrace. His body was hot as fire. I convinced him to lie on bed and he was holding my hand, not letting me to go away. "I'm here only" I hissed brushing his tiny hair. "Thapki.... He.... He's..." Aunty injected him some medicine and slowly my hand was detached by his, he was slept. "I'm sorry for his behaviour" I asked for forgiveness from Aunty. "Don't worry... I can understand how he might be feeling" she sighed.

"I'm tired of seeing him like this. Sometimes he behaves like everything is normal... And sometimes he becomes weird... A scared kid." I wept and she hugged consoling me. "Thapki... His heart is with you.... But his mind isn't. His mind is still collecting the memories of his past. And those memories aren't letting him to move on." she declared breaking the hug and patting me.

I kept the scissor aside when she finished dressing his arm. "He had gone through so many things... He has suffered a lot... Give him some time" she said caressing his forehead. "But I can understand your pain too" said she lifting up my chin. "What should I do Aunty?" I asked. "LOVE him" said she. "The only thing can cure him... Is love" she added.

The days passed and those haunting nightmares weren't letting him to move on. "Leave me.... I.... I'm... No.... Leave me" his murmurs becomes cries of night. He was restless as he can't see anything else with his closed eyes... He only used to see his past... The tragedies he had suffered. My hugs, kisses and consoles were those who made him relax but just for that one time. He was scared. I was scared thinking that what if he again starts blaming himself for everything. I have to take a big step.

One night "Bihaan have your medicine" I asked but there was no reply. "Bihaan" I turned and he wasn't on his bed. "Where are you?" I asked roaming the whole hut and found him outside. He was glancing at moon. "Let's go inside Bihaan." I said standing beside him. "Thapki" He sighed still glaring at moon. "I'm sorry..." He said. "You left your family because of me... You are doing so much for me... And I.... I'm sorry" He sighed splitting out a tear. "No Bihaan it's nothing like that". "Shh... I know you miss your family." He said. "Are you out of your mind??" I yelled. "Yes I am." He groaned. "I can't see you craving for your family like me!!" he yelled splitting another drop of tear. "I can't see you glancing outside the window and missing your family" He yelled. "And not at all for a dirty brat like me" His voice cracked in pain. "Bihaan stop it... And think about......" "About how selfish I am. About how am I destroying the only person's life who's suffering so much for me" He cried. "Stop nonsense and get in" the shocked me groaned. "Thapki... Just stop making me feel so selfish" He sighed. "Are you drunk?" I glared at him. That's the reason I don't allow him to go out... I'm sure he had drunken when he was returning from Aunty's house. Can't he understand that its not safe for him!! What if those people had seen him?? "That's not the point. The point is..." He entered inside and dragged my stuffs in my bag outside the house. "Leave me.... Your decision was right" He said with his head bent. "No Bihaan.... That was just to tease you... I'm never going to leave you" I said cupping his face. "That's only right Thapki" He detached my hands away of him. "Go to your family. Your family is very nice.... How can you not value them!!! Ask an orphan like me... Who they're......" His voice cracked. "And I'm no one to separate you with your family" He sighed turning away.

"What had happened? At least tell me" I asked. "Your mother had came to Doctor aunty. She was.... She was crying for you. She misses you a lot..... They all miss you Thapki." He shook my shoulders. "I had seen spying behind the curtain. They're.... They're craving for you.... And you for them." He cried without turning to me. Yes it hurt when I heard about Maa and my family missing me. But he... I can't leave him. "Bihaan...." I cried he didn't turned to me. "I love you...." I wept hugging him from back.