The Parents Meet

"Oh God Wes, are we ready for this?" You asked your boyfriend as you drove your car to the airport.

"Not really, but it's okay." He says with a nervous smile.

You and Wesley have been dating for about 6 months and your parents still hadn't met, so today you were headed to the airport to pick them up.

You'd met Wesley's parents multiple times and they were always so sweet and caring toward you, so you weren't really worried about them.

Now you didn't know about your parents, you were used to them obviously but it was a little rough when they met Wes.

Flashback...

"So Steven.. what are your intentions with my little Y/N?" Your dad asked him menacingly as he took a bite out of a cucumber.

"Um.. I love her very much sir.." Wes said nervously.

"MMMMMMHMMMM." One of your Aunts said walking by.

"Do you believe that Black Lives Matter son?"

"What church do you go to?"

"What's your Pastor's name?"

"What college did you go to?"

"Have you ever had black eyed peas?"

"What about fried chicken?"

"Y/N you never made this man fried chicken?!"

The questions were shooting out like bullets toward you and Wesley, but somehow he used his charm to win everyone over.

End of Flashback...

"Well we're here..." You said as you parked the car and started walking inside.

"Yep..." He said as he grabbed your hand.

The both of us walked over to arrivals to wait for Wes' parents and siblings, a few minutes later you could see them and a smile grew across your face.

"Look there they are!" You say and wave them over.

Wesley's mom was next to come over to you, "Hello Y/N!" She said as she hugged you.

"Hi Mrs. Tucker, how are you?" You say respectfully, hugging her back.

"Don't call me Mrs. Tucker honey, you can call me Mom." She says with a smirk toward Wesley which made you laugh.

"Will do" You smile and greet Wes' dad, "Hello Mr. Tucker!"

"Same goes for me Y/N, please, call me Dad!" He said with a laugh.

"Well let me go pull the car up, I'll be right back!" You say and walk out to get the car.

After everyone gets in, you start driving toward their hotel.

"So are you guys up for meeting my family today, or do you need some time to rest?" You ask them nervously.

"That was a long flight, so I think we're gonna rest for the night." his mom said and everyone agreed.

You let out a silent sigh of relief and continued toward the hotel.

The Next Day...

You and Wes were scurrying around the house, getting dressed for breakfast with your both sets of families.

You decided to wear a black dress, a kimono, black gladiator sandals, and Coco Chanel accessories.

When you were done getting dressed, the both of you headed to the hotel to pick up Wesley's family

When you were done getting dressed, the both of you headed to the hotel to pick up Wesley's family. Afterwards you headed to the restaurant where your family would be waiting for you.

You walked in to see your parents and siblings sitting at a table, looking down at their menus.

"Hey guys.." You greeted and they all looked at you.

"Oh my goodness! Hello!" Your mom said, standing and hugging you and Wes.

"Hey," Wes greeted, "And this is my mom, my dad, and my siblings."

After making your rounds of hugs you all sat down and started ordering your food, when they got to Wesley he surprised everyone with his order.

"Umm can I get the chicken and waffles with the chicken extra crispy, the greens-wait is it too early for green? Yea it's too early for greens and macaroni and cheeeese, so I'll just do the hash browns and extra crispy bacon." He said confidently and looked up to see everyone with wide eyes.

"Wes baby when did you start eating all of that?" his mom asked with a chuckle, causing everyone to laugh.

"Y/N you need to marry this man!" Your mom said and your dad agreed.

The rest of the day went great as your parents intermingled and became the best of friends.

A/N: I hope y'all enjoyed!

-Tay