You Don't Own Me- Grace ft. G-Eazy

You and Wesley weren't dating, but you weren't single either. You completely understood that, but Wesley had a completely different feeling.

Don't tell me what to do

And don't tell me what to say

Please, when I go out with you

Don't put me on display

He would invite you to parties and claim you as his, and would show you off like a trophy. Before you would walk into the party, Wes always told you everything he wanted you to say, and what he wanted you to tell them.

You don't own me

Don't try to change me in any way

You don't own me

Don't tie me down cause I'd never stay

"Y/N you should dye your hair blonde, and you should straighten it... the nappy hair isn't working for you." Wes said with a disgusted look on his face as he got his hands stuck in your hair.

"Who the hell are you to tell me what to do with my f****** hair?! You don't own me Wesley. Get the fuck out of my house." you pointed at the door, walking away. 

You don't own me

I'm not just one of your many toys

You don't own me

Don't say I can't go with other boys

After your little altercation with Wesley, he invited you to another 'gathering' -as he calls them- and you hesitantly agreed. When you got there, Wes was sitting with another one of his lady friends. You had no problem with it and you went to find someone to talk to

You surprisingly saw Shawn Mendes there and decided to start up a conversation with him. He was about to invite you to his hotel when Wesley decided to come over and bud in.

"Y/N what the hell are you doing with this?!" he said motioning toward Shawn and linking his arm with yours.

You quickly shrugged him off of you and turned to Shawn, "Of course I'll come to your hotel Shawn, let's go." you intwined your fingers with his and led him to the door, not before saying. 

"I'm not one of your toys Wesley."

I'm young and I love to be young

And I'm free and I love to be free

To live my life the way I want

To say and do whatever I please

After a wild night at Shawn's hotel the both of you exchanged numbers and planned a date in the next few days.

When you left the hotel, you went to the mall and treated yourself to a lot. It felt good not having Wes riding your back every two seconds. You finally felt free and able to do whatever you pleased. 

You don't own me

A/N: Long time no read, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

-Tay