flight

“I came back for you.” I said to Margo cupping her face. That she’s the only reason I took a risk coming back here. I missed her so much. When I went back to LA, everyday I felt like I was missing something. That some part of me is missing. The first time I have felt this way, I let others to decide and let it through and I regret it so much. Now, I am not gonna let that happen again.

“I know you have your own reason not telling me a single thing, but suddenly disappearing without even a single message? Not even one for two months. I’m worried you know.” She just looked at me deadpan. “I don’t care who you really are Ken cause you’re my friend but what you did makes me feel like I’ve just been used. Like thrown away when not needed anymore.” I can't read her. Then I guess it’s time to tell her everything.

As everyone knows, the whole world actually, about me and Cara. How we’ve been goofing around together and everything. We are best friends, that's what the world know but the truth is the speculation about us are true. Cara and I are not just friends. Our circle of friends know it and my family. My family is okay with it except for one person, my mom. She said that it will hugely damage my career when I’m just new with it and there’s still plenty to deal with. She’s not gonna risk everything with some stupid love game.

She insisted not to see Cara, not to speak with her and meet her. That time Cara  focused more in her acting career which made her appear lesser and lesser on fashion shows. That made my mom to booked me to fashion shows where Care doesn’t attend but that didn’t end there. Cara is a sweet and a good model but she will destroy you in the other way so mom send me away with Khloe. Somewhere media won't get us.

“Have you read anything about me being vanished suddenly? Well, that’s the reason why.” I looked at Margo who’s just looking in the distance.

Almost two years I was gone and was frustrated. I decided to come back to see my best friend Cara hoping that everything will still be the same but it wasn’t. She’s laughing with other girl, St. Vincent and it hurt. The cause of her laughters is not me anymore and it damn hurt. She never treated me the same way anymore and it felt like breaking every bone and fibre of your body. We’ve never been the same way which made me mad, rage that I followed my mom. I was so mad that I always let my mom control me and dictate me on whatever I do. So I ran away that only Kylie and Khloe knows where to. That's where Margo found me. She found me in my misery and accept me without even knowing me.

“I found myself a new best friend you know and I’m not going to lose it again.” I stare at her looking in the distance until she turn her gaze into me.

“So are you saying that you liked Cara?” Margo tilt her head on right with confused, I breath a laugh. From all the things I told her that’s her question. Does this mean we are okay cause you are back to your old self now?

Margo smile genuinely, how I missed that smile. When I’m with her everything felt so real, no pretending and faking. Her darker version of my eyes twinkle as we looked at each other. Then she caressed my face and kiss me on the temple.

“Thank you for coming back.” Stroking her thumb on my cheek. “Thank you for considering me your best friend.” she added as she tuck some of my hair in the back of my ear and kiss me on the cheek then smile. “I’m relieved that you’re okay. That’s all I want to know.” After a moment Margo ask me if I had dinner cause if not she’ll cook for me.

“Why are so good to me?” I pause and looked at her. Margo pause and smile.

“You’re my girl” then she pull me out of the couch and drag me to the kitchen.

I arrived in Manila at around five in the afternoon and went straight to her condo. I thought she’ll be home already but she’s not. It’s a good thing I still keep her spare key as my keychain, a very special one. Since she’s still out I just let myself in and fall asleep in her bed instantly. As we eat we talk about anything and Margo ask so many questions, curious about everything. How does it feel being a model traveling around the world. Having walk the walk on famous runway shows. She even stood up and do a cat walk from the door to the kitchen swaying her hips and crisscrossing her legs. Until she get to the end which is in the living area and do some dorky poses then laugh at herself. She might be playing but she had the attitude.

I watch her as she do our dishes after we finished eating. Gosh, she already cooked and now she’s doing the dishes. How lucky would I be if I make her mine. I stood up and went over to her hugging her from the back.

“Margo, I need to ask you something.” She cut me.

“You and Cara have something right, and you do know that uuuhhmm…. I like her and..”

I chuckle. “We’re not dating anymore Margo. You could fan girl or like her all you want.” she’s so adorable, I wanna squeeze her. I hugged her tight.

“But of course I like you more.” she side look to  me innocently. Just as a friend or you really mean it. Why can’t you be specific sometimes. The butterfly in my stomach started to fly rapidly that it was so wild I don’t know if it’s still a butterfly or it’s already firefly. I hug her tighter as I bite her in the shoulder making her twitch and gulp. I she reacting to it? I grin then run my breath through her neck brushing some of her hair strand. I felt her body stiffen as she closed her eyes and tilt her head back resting it to my shoulder. But after a moment she suddenly gasp getting back to her trance.

“What is it again, you want to ask?” she cleared her throat as she stand properly. I sigh and loosen up my hug.

“I’m only going to ask you this once.”

She turn around looking under her long black lashes. “That’s frightening.”

< 0 0 0 >

Jane came into to the plane and said it’s time. I looked at my phone and it’s already nine in the evening. I made myself comfortable on my seat as I nod to her. I guess Margo doesn’t want to be with me that much. I thought I had the chance because I’m Kendall, The Kendall Jenner and everything but of course as the person she is, Margo is not the kind who’s easily influenced by fame. She wanted everything to be simple. Maybe I was asking her too much.