Ch.10 The Dance (Part Three)

Skye: "I want to know...what the blizzard means and why you take orders from Marshall. I know you're not scared of him. I bet you could beat him in a fight actually. So, will you finally tell me?"

The German Shepherd chuckles to himself but then his face becomes serious.

Chase: "Yes, but not here, we're not the only ones listening." He whispered.

Skye: "Where then?"

Chase: "The place where this all started."

She couldn't stop the smile that was forming as she imagined going back there.

For the rest of the night, however, they still had fun together. They even joined up with Zuma and Debra. Playing games, eating, dancing, and at the end of the night there was fireworks that shot up in the air in the shape of hearts.

Skye: "They're beautiful! I love how they can light up even the most darkest places."

Out of the corner of his eye, he watches Skye and how genuinely happy she looks.

Chase: "Just like you, Skye."

Skye: "What was that?"

Chase: "I'll tell you later." He reassures.

Eventually though, the dance was finally over. One by one all the couples started to leave, hand in hand. All except for one pair.

Skye: "So, you're going to take me someplace special right?" She smirked.

Chase: "Oh, ha ha." He sarcastically laughed. "I am but you don't have to say it like that." He grinned at her.

Skye: "I have no idea what you're talking about." She teased.

Chase: "Sure, you don't." He playfully rolled his eyes.

Skye: "Just remind me when I get back from freshening up a bit, wait here okay?"

Chase: "It's not like I have anything else to do."

Skye: "Good." She smiled.

Then confidently she went to find herself a bathroom.

As soon as Skye was out of sight, however, Marshall lunged out of his hiding place.

Marshall: "Are you freaking serious?!"

His eyebrows were narrow and his words were filled with hatred.

Chase: "You came at a bad time I di-."

Enraged, Marshall shoved Chase backwards.

Marshall: "No, I didn't, shut up! You two were flirting weren't you?!"

Chase: "Listen, I didn't mean to, it just happened!"

Marshall: "I knew it! Why do you think I made it look like I left. So I can catch you in the act! Where are you taking her?!"

He was holding onto Chase's collar and putting the Shepherd's back against a wall.

Chase: "Marshall, calm down it doesn't even matter."

Marshall: "Oh yes it does! You want her right? What else do you plan on telling her huh?! Your family? Your old friends? Your ex, Ci-."

Immediately, Chase grabs Marshall's arm and flips the Dalmatian into the wall that his back was previously pressed against.

Chase: "I told you not to say her name." He demanded.

Marshall: "Fine, fine whatever! Let go!"

The German Shepherd complied.

Chase: "This is getting ridiculous, sorry to break it to you Marshall but Skye doesn't like you. I'm sorry I really am."

Marshall: "If you were sorry you would...hmm."

Chase: "What are you thinking about?"

Marshall: "Well, it's just...I came up with a compromise that will solve all our problems."

Chase: "What is it?"

Marshall: "You can tell Skye about the blizzard under one condition."

Chase: "Which is?"

Marshall: "You have to break her heart."

In order to avoid eye contact, Chase's eyes darted to the left. He was speechless for a brief second.

Chase: "That won't work."

Marshall: "Is that a no?" He questioned.

Chase: "No, no that's not a no."

Marshall: "Okay, I get it, don't make it confusing."

Chase: "Sorry it's just...I don't think I can make that happen."

Marshall: "And why not?"

Chase: "There's no way she likes me that much." He admitted.

Marshall: "Well, we will know for sure after you do it. So, do we have a deal?" He said with his arm out stretched.

The German Shepherd studied the Dalmation's out stretched arm, but before he could make a finally decision someone appeared in front of the two.

A/N: Hey guys, I just wanted to finish the whole three parts of the dance thing so I did that, and sorry about the cliffhangers as well. Lol, I'm evil. But also no I did not forget about the blizzard meaning which in fact will be in my next chapter, so be prepared for that. All for now bye. :)