Ch.12 Relationships?

Marshall: "Hey Skye."

Everest: "Skye, nice of you to join us."

Skye: "Everest? I mean- who are you?"

Everest: "You can drop the act."

Skye: "What do you mean? All you guys know each other?"

Marshall: "Yup."

Chase: "Yeah."

Everest: "Pretty much."

Skye: "No way."

Everest: "Don't take it personally, I just wanted to get to know your crush better. Or should I say...my new boyfriend."

Skye: "Boyfriend?"

Everest: "Exactly."

Chase stood aside clenching his jaw.

Skye: "Wait, so this entire time you were dating in secret?"

Everest: "Well we were until you started getting too personal with my man."

Skye: "I didn't know he was one!"

Everest: "Now you do, so go find someone else who is interested in...someone like you."

Skye: "I know Chase though, he's loyal. If you guys were in a relationship he never would've shown interest in me from the beginning."

Everest: "Are you sure about that?"

Skye: "Yeah, I'm almost positive."

Everest: "Well then why don't we ask Chase himself, huh?"

Skye: "Fine with me."

Everest: "Okay then. Chase is it me or that other girl?"

Skye: "Hey!"

Chase: "I'm not going to compare you two." He declared.

Everest and Marshall both glared at Chase. While Skye looked at Chase with a desperation in her eyes.

Chase: "I don't want to hurt Skye's feelings."

Everest: "Which means he choses me!"

Chase: "I didn't sa-."

Everest: "There's your answer!"

The Cockapoo's eyes welled up with tears.

Skye: "I can't be here right now." She muttered.

Tears rolled down her face as she ran away from that place and back to the Lookout. She locked herself inside her dog house for a long night of restless sleep.

(Back at the beach)

Chase: "This sucks. Can't I talk to her for a little bit?"

Everest: "Oh, that's funny it's sounds like you actually care about her. Plus we already have somebody already doing that, remember?"

Chase: "Yeah, it's just..."

Everest: "Don't you dare back down on the deal, Chase. You heard what Marshall said."

Chase: "Of course. I'm heading back because I'm tired, that's all."

Everest: "Fine, I'll see you soon okay?"

He didn't answer, Chase just simply turned around, avoiding her completely. For some strange reason, however, he found himself running to his cruiser to go to the Lookout as fast as he could.

(Back at the Lookout.)

Skye's inside her bedroom, laying face flat on her bed with her sheets soaking up her tears.

Someone knocks on her door. Skye wipes away some tears from earlier.

Skye: "I don't want to see anyone right now."

Marshall: "I just want to talk. So, can I come in?"

Skye reluctantly opens her door and lets Marshall enter.

Skye: "What? What do you want me to talk about after you saw one of my so called friends just steal the love of my life, right under my nose."

Marshall: "How are you feeling about that?"

Skye: "Terrific. Today has been the best day of my life." She spat as more tears flew down her cheeks.

Marshall wiped her tears.

Marshall: "It's going to be okay, Skye. You don't need Chase. You'll find someone probably way better."

Skye: "I wish you were right."

Marshall: "I know I'm right. Look I may not be smart, or brave, or tough and maybe to you I might not even be handsome. But I do know one thing, that you can always trust me."

Skye: "Sorry Marshall, I'm just not ready to get over Chase that easily."

Marshall: "I get it, but when you are over him and want someone else I'll be waiting for you."

Skye: "Thanks."

Marshall: "You're welcome. Well good night Skye."

Skye: "Yeah, bye."

Marshall all of a sudden pulled Skye into a hug.

Skye: "You should probably go now."

Marshall: "Oh, right."

With that Marshall stepped out of Skye's pup house and headed for his. Completely unaware that Chase was watching all of it from his cruiser.

Chase's POV:
I'm sorry Skye. I wish I could tell you this in person, but maybe it's for the best.

Chase was about to jump out but then saw something that caught his eye. It was the photo that he and Skye got from the dance. He carried it back to his dog house and hid it.

A/N: Sorry it took so long guys and gals. I have been so busy and I only update this story when I have time so yeah. But thanks for reading it. Byeeee! 😴💭✨