Ch.8 The Dance (Part One)

(BTW the dance was for dogs only and you also couldn't enter alone.)

With ten minutes to spare, Chase finally made it back to the Lookout. He was all set to go but before he could knock on Skye's door to ask if she was ready herself, someone stopped him.

Marshall: "Hey, buddy."

Chase: "Oh, hey, Marshall." He said hesitantly. "What are you doing here?"

Marshall: "That's all you're going to say? Why don't you start explaining to me why you're taking the girl that I wanted to be with to a dance that I should be taking her!"

Chase: "Relax, me and Skye are just going as friends."

Marshall: "Are you? Or do you plan on changing that by tonight?"

Chase: "It's not like that."

Marshall: "Oh yeah sure." He rolled his eyes. "Chase, I know you like Skye."

Chase: "What? No, I don't. Why would you think that?"

Marshall: "You're starting to trust her, whether you realize it or not. And you haven't trusted a girl since Ci-."

Chase: "Don't! Please, don't say her name. You know how I feel about her."

Marshall: "Yeah, yeah, my point is though, you're falling in love with the wrong girl again."

But as Chase was about to reply, Skye came out of her dog house. Wearing a bright purple dress with white flowers as a belt and a violet in her "hair". Chase was wearing a tuxedo with a red bowtie.

Marshall: "Wow, Skye. You look absolutely -."

Chase: "Beautiful." He finished.

Marshall glared at Chase.

Chase: "Uh...I mean nice appropriate coverings for a significant occurrence."

Marshall: "Seriously?"

Skye: "Thanks Chase, I think."

Marshall: "I think you um...are appropriate for octopus sign covers?"

Skye: "Was that a compliment or an in-"

Chase: "Uh Skye? We better get going. We got like 5 minutes left before it starts."

Marshall: "Really?."

Skye: "Don't even think about it."

Marshall: "Fine, but Chase, don't forget the blizzard."

Chase: "Right."

Skye: "What does that mean?"

Marshall stares at Chase.

Chase: "It's nothing."

Skye glares at Marshall.

Skye: "Fine. Let's get going."

Chase: "Yeah that would be best."

Marshall: "Remember Chase, the blizzard."

Both Chase and Skye got into Chase's police cruiser and drove to the dance located outside of city hall in a huge white tent.

You wouldn't expect it to look special but it did. Rose colored lights and gorgeous hot pink streamers were hunged by invisible wires making it breath taking.

Orchestra music gently played on stage, soothing the guests ears with each bow lift. Two person tables were scattered nicely with it's silverware and flowers in the middle to impress all the lucky couples who came.

Pictures of the couples as soon as they entered the place were taking and, then displayed all around the tent. Ice sculptures of hearts and the word love were placed elegantly around the opening. A sparkling disco ball in the middle of it all shined beautifully rotating and showing it's rainbow of colors on the dance floor.