Ch.6 The Answer

Skye had finished telling Everest about her situation with Chase and started to get ready to go to the beach where Chase will tell Skye his answer to the Valentine's Day Dance and something very important.

Skye: "I wonder what his answer will be?"

Marshall: "Who are you talking about, Skye?" He said as he entered her pup house.

Skye: "AH, Marshall?! Don't scare me like that."

Marshall: "Are you talking about your boyfriend, Chase?" He said in a taunting voice.

Skye: "First of all he is not my boyfriend, yet." She whispered the 'yet' part. "And second of all why would you like to know?"

Marshall: "Hey I have to look after my bro."

Skye: "I'm pretty sure he can handle it by himself."

Marshall: "Are you sure about that?" He mumbled.

Skye: "What?"

Marshall: "Nothing."

Skye: "Anyways, you can go."

Marshall: "Why? What are you getting ready for? A date?!"

Skye: "No. And if I do tell you promise you'll leave right after. Got it!"

Marshall: "Sure."

Skye: "Well remember when I wanted some alone time with Chase?"

Marshall: "Yeah, how could I forget?" He said bitterly.

Skye: "Listen, it was because I wanted to ask him to the Valentine's Day Dance."

Marshall: "What did he say?"

Skye: "He didn't say yes, but he didn't say no either. I don't know, I don't think he knows what he wants. That's why he needs some space. Although I am planning on meeting him at the beach later. Oh and it's at sunset but then the dance is like 2 hours from that so I would like to hurry. So yeah I really got to go."

Marshall: "I'll leave. It's just...wow you really care for Chase."

Skye: "Yeah, I guess so. I just hope he likes someone like me."

Marshall: "Who wouldn't like someone like you, Skye?"

Then Marshall started to lean a little closer toward her. Skye noticed and stepped back.

Skye: "I really have to get ready."

Marshall: "Oh...right seeya later then." He said a little disappointed.

Skye could hear the disappointment in his voice. She wondered why though. She shrugged it off and started to head to the beach.

(Meanwhile already at the beach)

Chase got there a little early to practice what he would say to Skye. Aside from what he really wants to say.

Chase's POV:

It's because I'm afraid what will happen to the team? Nah. Marshall already likes you? I can't, he'd hate me if I told her that. Maybe I should just come out and say it. That we can't be a thing because of...her

His thoughts were interrupted by a Cockapoo's footsteps.

Skye: "Hey, Chase."

Chase: "Yeah hi, Skye."

Skye: "So...?" She said as she sat straight across from him.

Looking at his brown eyes, she couldn't help but blush and then they both looked at the setting sun.