Ch.4 The Confession

A/N: This chapter is a little longer so enjoy!

Being the police dog that he is, Chase is simply cleaning his equipment. Well, he was until he looked up to see an exhausted Skye.

Chase: "Skye? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be with Marshall."

As the Shepherd tilts his head to the side and examines Skye curiously, the Cockapoo responds out of breath.

Skye: "I... I know but... But I have to... ask you... something... Well, more like some things... They're all important."

The Shepherd lets out a deep exhale while getting up and making his way over to Skye.

Chase: "Not now. Where's Marshall?"

Skye: "I don't need him." She takes a step closer to Chase. "I want to talk to you."

On the outside she looks calm and collected but on the inside she is beyond nervous about asking him. She suddenly got the urge to reach out to touch his shoulder and she almost did but stopped herself at the last second.

Skye: "Sorry, I know you don't like physical contact."

Chase: "Skye..."

He looks her straight in the eye and his usual serious demeanor is written all over his face.

Chase: "If it's about the dance, I don't want to hear it."

It's as if he stepped on her heart, but Skye still managed to speak with her normal upbeat tone.

Skye: "What? W- Why? A date can't be the problem a lot of girls would love to go with you!"

Chase: "Yeah, exactly. They would but I wouldn't."

Skye: "What are you saying?"

Chase: "I've given up on love."

Everything went silent for a moment.

Skye: "No."

Chase: "No? What does that-"

Skye: "No, you're not given up on love! You can stop looking for it but love finds you eventually and you're telling me that when it does you're going to keep rejecting it?"

Chase: "Yes, I mean come on if that were true I would have found the one who could change my mind by now."

Skye: "Well maybe you haven't given her enough time."

Chase: "Time to do what?"

Skye: "This..."

She puts her paw on his. Chase looks at their paws touching but doesn't pull away, that's when Skye leans in and rests her forehead on his chest. Skye can feel how fast his heart is beating.

Skye: "Chase, I want you to be happy and I think I know how to do that but it all starts at the dance. So, will you go to the Valentine's Day Dance with me? Please?"

There is a long pause before Chase clears his throat.

Chase: "But, Skye, we're really good friends. Can we go as friends?"

Skye: "Can we ever be more than that?" She said looking up into Chase's shocked brown eyes.

He steps away from her.

Chase: "I need to go. I can't- I can't be here right now."

In a hurry he goes into the elevator with a worried, confused, and, weirdest of all, afraid, look on his face.

Skye sits there frustrated and so deep in thought that she hadn't noticed her four other teammates surrounded her until someone fake coughs.

Skye: "Huh? Oh, h- hey guys..."

Marshall: "Is that all you have to say?"

Zuma: "Yeah, not cool dude."

Skye: "How did all of you get out?"

Marshall: "Well, after Zuma and Rubble came back from Katie's with your towels. They heard me screaming from the closet you put me in, except we need a new door for it." He laughed, trying to lighten the tension. Which failed.

Rocky: "And after they got Marshall out, they noticed the garage was on lockdown so Rubble went back to ask Ryder, who stayed at Katie's, for the password to shut down the lockdown mode on the garage which thankfully has a hidden code pad put on the outside."

Skye: "Oh, well, then... sorry I-"

Zuma: "Sowwy doesn't cut it Skye."

Skye: "I know, I know but-."

Rubble: "I'm... still... exhausted!" He pants.

Skye: "Can you let me finis-."

Rocky: "Oh like you let me finish Robo dog? Oh that's right you didn't! He is laying on the floor STILL broken!"

Marshall: "GUYS! Just let her say what she has to say."

Skye: "Thank you!"

For a second she thought she saw him blush but she assumed that it was from running or something.

Everyone else: "WELL?!"

Skye knew what she was going to say but at the last minute she ended up saying what she wanted to instead.

Skye: "I just wanted me and Cha-. I mean I wanted some alone time."

Rubble: "Really?"

Skye: "Idkn fo."

That's what gave it away.

Rocky: "Yup, you're lying because you wouldn't be alone, you would be here with-" He smirks. "Chase."

Everyone else caught on.

Skye: "Um, oh! I completely forgot about-"

Marshall: "No, no. So much for trying to hide it."

Rubble: "You like Chase? Oh my dog! You like Chase!" He says jumping up and down.

Zuma: "Don't be widiculous, Wubble, she doesn't like Chase. She LOVES him."

Skye: "Keep it down!"

They all ignored her.

Rubble started making kissy faces at her. Marshall was laughing at him doing it.

Zuma: "Chase and Skye sitting in a twee k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Fiswt comes love then comes mawwiage then comes the baby pup in the baby pup cawwiage!"

Rocky: "So what did you guys do when we weren't here? Make out?"

Zuma: "Yeah Skye, whewe's youw boyfwiend?"

Skye: "It's not like that!"

Marshall: "Wow, you're redder than my fire truck!" He teased.

Rubble: "You better invite me to the wedding, there also better be cake."

Skye: "Okay. Enough guys!"

Rocky: "Yeah yeah we'll stop...for now."

They all left the lookout still laughing. But Skye remained alone with her thoughts.

Skye: "He's given up on love? We'll see about that."

A/N:  Hey people! I hope this chapter was worth the wait! Sorry if it was too long. My next chapter is probably gonna be long as well. All I'm going to say for now. Byeeee! 😴💭✨