"What's going on? Is it Silas?" I asked him, pulling my hand away from his firm grip.

Instead of answering me, Marcel took out his phone.

I didn't push him any further. This was the most panicked I had ever seen him - and I always saw him as a beast that couldn't be penetrated physically or emotionally.

"Elijah." He spoke into the phone.

"Elijah?" I asked softly, eyes widening. If he was calling Elijah, this must be bad.

And, to add to this all, Klaus wasn't here. I was too occupied by my dream and my thoughts that I hadn't even thought of the hybrid.

"We've left her house. No sign of Silas or Klaus yet."

Great. Both of them must be missing.

"Isn't my house the safest place from Silas? And what about Jason?" I asked Marcel, making my tone loud and harsh so he would pay attention to me.

He stopped in his steps, holding my hands out so I wouldn't run into him.

Marcel looked down at me, the phone still at his ears. I could barely just hear Elijah.

"..in his hybrid form. Klaus has his phone on him. I can get to him through his location. I've sent Dylan and a few more of your men to you. Stay safe and alert."

Marcel ended the call, putting his phone in his pocket as he looked down at me with a concerned expression.

"Silas has both Klaus and Rebekah. He forced Klaus to shift into his hybrid werewolf. And now, he's hunting you."

This situation was worse than I thought as I felt my heart drop.

Marcel wiped a stray strand from my face.

"It'll be okay. I won't let anything happen to you."

"I'm not worried about me. I'm worried about you." I said.

He frowned, his eyes watching me for a few more moments before he moved on.

"This way. I know a hideout that my m-"

I gasped when there was a blurred flash before my eyes. One second Marcel was there, the next he was gone.

Fuck.

I took that as my cue to run.

I broke out into a sprint, dodging overgrown roots and maneuvering quickly through the trees. Even though the crackling leaves under my feet and my breathing blocked out the possible noise of someone trailing me, I could feel their presence not far from behind me.

I choked back a cry when I heard Marcel's distressed scream, blinking back the tears.

I pushed myself harder than I ever had, ignoring the burning in my chest and legs. The deeper I ran into the trees, the thinner the trees seemed to be. I'd expected the scenery to grow denser and creepier, but it only opened up more.

After a few minutes of non stop sprinting, I nearly collapsed into a tree, darkness flooding the corners of my vision. I leaned against a tree, lifting my head up towards the sky to try as if I could breathe in more oxygen faster that way. The presence that I had felt pursuing me had disappeared, giving me temporary reassurance that I'd be okay.

But when I tilted my head back down a dark figure emerged from the trees, his intense hazel eyes burning right through me. I wanted to curl in on myself, his gaze so extreme that it felt like he was reading my mind and soul.

I tried to move, but to my disappointment, my body betrayed me. I was as still as a stone, an ice coldness spreading throughout my body the closer he got.