Chapter Ten "It was time to let go."

Start from the beginning

"Do you by any chance know her mother's name?"

"Elizabeth Carter." He raised his eyebrows and stopped writing. "Elizabeth Carter you said? As in the Elizabeth Carter that the FBI has been trying to hunt down for years after Logan Carter's death?" I nodded my head. "That's her sir."

"Well thank you for all these answers. I really appreciate it. Now all I have to do is call to get Elizabeth in prison." We shook hands and I walked back to the guys.

"She's staying here for the rest of the week and her mom is being taken to prison."

"No you didn't!" Robert yelled. "She told you to never tell on her mom because that's all that she has left!" "Well what did you want me to do? Our friend almost fucking died Robert! Her own mom tried to kill her. I needed to do something because I'm not going to have her like that again." "You're right. It's just what is she going to do when she finds out. She's going to be crushed." "She'll be fine. She won't be hurt anymore. Let's go home."

After I took a shower, I settled down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling with my hands tucked behind my head. I heard the door open and looked over, it was just Alex. "Sup man?" He took a seat at the edge of my bed. "Hey man what are doing?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Thinking about how fucked up the world can be."

"Or thinking about her."

I snapped my head over to him to see that he had a smirk on his face. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I'm talking about. The other guys besides Robert may not see it, but I sure can."

"What the fuck are you talking about AC?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"The girl."

"What about her?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"So now you know who I'm talking about but 30 seconds ago you had no clue." I could sense the amusement in his tone.

"Who? Casey?"

"You know damn right I'm not talking about Casey, and so do you." He paused. "I'm talking about Elena."

"What about Elena?"

"You like her."

"Please AC, I don't like anyone right now." I laughed.

"Don't be like that. I can see through you Austin and I know when you like someone."

I scoffed. 'Bullshit."

"What's bullshit is that you are denying it. All I'm saying is that Elena means something to you."

"She's not that special." I wanted him to shut up.

"That's why you didn't refuse when she went with you to get Casey, or when you brought her to the spot above the beach and told her your story. Don't forget when you brought her out somewhere after school after the night she stayed at our house. Most importantly, don't forget about what happened tonight." Sarcasm dripped from each word that came out o his mouth.

"Listen, all I'm saying is that maybe it's time to let someone in." He stood up from my bed and headed towards the door. "Think about it man." He closed the door shut behind him.

I didn't like Elena.

When I first met her she never did shut up. All she would do was question everything and it annoyed me. But she's so understanding and knows how I feel.

Her ass is nice and she's hot as fuck.

She get's into my head, causing me to flip out. She also stopped me from killing Dean.

But her eyes and lips...

I growed and ran my fingers through my hair, pulling at the ends. I could feel myself growing hot with annoyance.

"You like her."

Those words stuck in my head, repeating in my head over and over again.

I got up from my bed and stormed to the balcony in my room. I flung the doors open and walked the edge, taking in fresh air.

Elena's Point of View

I woke up with a pounding headache and drank some water. I'm starting to regain all of my strength in my body again. My face was staring to gain it's darker shade now, but the bruises are blackish-green now. I'm in here until Sunday and I have to cancel my plan tomorrow with Tyler.

The door opened to a smiling Sarah with a cookie cake and a balloon.

She set down the cake and placed the balloon next to my bed. "Hey girl how are you doing?"

"Better then yesterday, that's all I know."

She frowned. "I never knew about all of this Elena. It's such a mess. You really don't deserve any of it." She paused. "Alex told me everything and I couldn't bare listening to any of it. I had such a hard time sleeping that night. I didn't even go to school today."

I placed my hand on her forearm. "I'm here right now."

The nurse came in to give me some pain medicine and asked how I was doing. I just wanted to get out of here. Hospitals are to sad to stay in for more than one night. Me and Sarah shred some good laughs before she left.

No Ones Point of View

That day at 3 in the morning the police tracked down Elizabeth Carter. She was over at the cub with an older man. SWAT cars surrounded the building. She would never see her daughter, until the trial for the murder of her husband.

Meanwhile back at Austin's house, he was planning on telling Elena about her mom without her finding out on the news. He couldn't sleep at all that night. Elena was all he could think about. The whole crew skipped school tat day.

Austin grabbed his keys and made his way over to the hospital.

Elena's Point of View

Austin stood there by the door.

"Sorry."

He crossed his arms. "What are you sorry for?"

"Making you go through all of this trouble."

He made his way over to the seat next to my bed. "If anything you should be thankful. I saved your life."

"Yeah, I know. I just don't know what I'm going to do when go home. My mom's going to be pissed at me."

"Elena." He paused. "I took care of that."

"What are saying? Please don't say-"

He nodded his head. "I had to do what was best for you."

"No no no no no! You didn't!" I could feel my heart rate speed up and my eyes urn watery.

He grabbed my hand. "Elena I told you I didn't want to see you get hurt again. You should be thanking me!"

"You promised me you wouldn't! I told you! What am I going to do when I get out? I have no family anymore, my mom was all I had left!" I let the hot tears stream down my face. I didn't care anymore. He said he wouldn't, he said it himself.

He grabbed my face with his hands and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Listen to me. You're not alone! When you get out on Sunday you're living with your grandparents if you want to."

"I just don't want to be alone."

"Elena, it was time to let go. 11 years of suffering was to much."

I wasn't ready to let go. I was so used to my life with my mom I never thought of doing that.

Austin held my hand and kissed my forehead. "Don't for one second think that you're alone. You will always have me."