Got to love fake funerals with the funeral crashers

I heard a knock at the door as I finished tying my shoe. "Ready?" Dad asked me.

I pulled my pant leg down and stood up, grabbing my suit coat. "Yeah," I answered.

I came down the stairs as Drew, Matt, Liz, and Scarlett hugged me as they offered their condolences. I nodded as I thanked them. With that, we left for the funeral.

As everyone gathered inside, Reverend Lucas greeted them. Jordan pulled a few of us aside to shake our hands, leaving something in our palms and whispering in our ears, "Use this. It will make it more believable."

We shook our heads as we took a seat in the front row. We sat in front of three closed caskets. I glanced behind me to see Leo and Nik walk in with three women, taking a seat a few rows back. The women were wearing sunglasses.

We watched as the Santiago family entered, including the parents who shot us a glare. Yeah, we pissed Carlos and Maria off.

Jordan leaned over to dad and whispered, "You know they're gunning for us."

"Yeah, but we have a few tricks up our sleeves. Look," Dad whispered back, nodding.

They watched as Ace and his entire family entered, taking a seat, which caused Carlos and Maria to go white while the rest smirked.

Reverend Lucas began the service. It was lovely, I might add. Then we watched as Frazier got up and bawled like a baby lying on Emma's casket. "Why? Why did you have to go?" Frazier wailed dramatically.

"What is that idiot doing?" Elena whispered.

"You know, Frazier. He loves to crash a good funeral," mom said.

Marissa went up quickly and grabbed Frazier while looking at the Santiagos. "I'm so sorry. He just took Emma's death hard." They nodded, then Angelo walked up and said a few words. Xavier followed him, who added fuel to the fire with the way he talked about Leslie.

"That's my man," Leslie whispered, trying not to smile, earning an eye roll from her sisters.

Finally, I went up. With my back facing everyone, I used the stuff Jordan gave me. I slipped it into my pocket and looked at everyone as tears fell down my eyes.

"Emma was the love of my life. She was everything I wanted in someone. She gave me purpose, and for that, I will forever be grateful." I turned, placed my hand on her casket, leaned down, and placed a kiss on the coffin's lid. "I love you, baby, fly high." Just by doing that, it causes people to tear up. I turned and walked back to my seat.

"Thank you, RJ. That now concludes our services today. The family has offered people to come back to the house to celebrate Margarita, Leslie, and Emmaline," Reverend Lucas announced.

We all got up and walked out of the church. I walked past Emma, glancing at her, and she nodded. We all went back to the house, and people followed us, including Ace and his crew, along with the Santiagos. We must keep up appearances for everyone. As we all gathered, Dad, Jordan, and Frazier served food to everyone while Mom, Elena, and Marissa offered them beverages.

Matt walked up to me. "Who are the three girls in sunglasses?"

"Family friends," I said.

"Weird," Matt commented.

"RJ, I'm sorry to hear about Emma," Elijah said.

"Yeah," I replied somberly.

"Hey Eli, did you see those girls?" Matt asked Elijah.

"Nah, man, who are they?" Elijah questioned.

"RJ said they are family friends," Matt said.

"Really?" Elijah asked with confusion.

Saintwood: Game Over ✔️ (Wattpad version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें