Ghostly ghouls and other spooky tales - a Halloween Chapter, the first part

Emma and I were hanging out in the living room when Liam and JJ walked in with the permit for the haunted house.

"All right, get ready. We set up tonight," Liam said.

"Where's the location?" I asked.

"The old Miller place," JJ said.

"No fucking way," Austin said.

"Yep, we got keys to it so we can get everything set up. Not only did we have a haunted house but also a Halloween party," Liam said.

"Do you think you'll bring in as much money as you did last year?" I asked them.

"There's probably more. At least I hope it's more. I would like to break our record from last year," Liam said as he read through so papers.

"Is this the Haunted House, you guys do every year to donate to the foundation?" Emma asked me.

"Yep, because of Liam, many people get the help they need," I said.

"That is very cool," she said with a smile.

"Yeah, and this year you get to help," I grinned.

"Really?" Emma asked with surprise.

"Yep. Everyone helps. We get to have fun and raise money for a good cause. It's a win-win situation," I replied to Emma.

As we all went over details, there was a knock at the door. Nik answered to find Maggie and Leslie at the door. "Emma, it's for you," Nik announced.

We got up and walked over to the door.

"What are you guys doing here?" Emma asked them.

"Emma, we came to talk? Please talk to us," Maggie said.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched us.

"Okay. Talk," Emma said.

They came in when Emma stopped them. "Right, there is fine."

"Okay. We told mom and dad what you said," Maggie told her.

"And?" Emma asked.

"They said if you continued with this situation, they would cut us off too," Maggie answered.

"They never stop, do they?" Emma huffed. I noticed how quickly she became agitated. I remember seeing similar issues with my mom and siblings. They suffered from anxiety, whereas I didn't.

"So, we told them to take their money and shove it," Leslie said.

"You didn't?" Emma asked, surprised.

"We did," Leslie grinned.

"And now we are homeless," Maggie shrugged.

We looked past them to see their bags behind them. Emma and I looked at each other. Here we go again.

A few minutes later, Xavier came downstairs and saw Leslie and Maggie at the door. He also noticed the bags.

"Angie!" Xavier yelled.

"What?" Angelo yelled.

"We got company!" Xavier shouted.

"Who the fuck is it?" Angelo yelled.

"Maggie and Leslie!" Xavier shouted back.

We heard a door quickly open and footsteps barrel down the hall, then down the stairs. He saw them at the door and then the bags.

"Works for me," Angelo shrugged as Maggie and Leslie grinned.

"Wait a minute. You can't just move more people in with us," Liam said.