Now what?

With the recent revelation that Frisco was innocent of the attacks except with Emma, it was a lot to understand. The girls felt horrible on top of being sexually assaulted. The boys felt equally bad for how they treated the brothers and the brothers well; they all took it in stride. Guilt is a nasty emotion, and it doesn't do anyone any good. All it does is eat away at you. The boys were feeling mighty guilty. A call from dad confirmed what Zane had already figured out. Now we needed to figure out where to go from here.

Since we got stuck at the safe house until Christmas break, we had time to focus on our school work. Luckily Chase brought in movies for us to watch, and they kept us busy as much as possible. The more they distracted us, the better it was because you know boredom breeds contentment, especially with Liam and JJ. Even with everything that happened, they needed an outlet to blow off steam, which usually involved pranks.

"You know that's a terrible idea, don't you?" Zane asked Liam as Nik, and I looked on.

"It's only bad if you get caught," Liam said as he rigged something with JJ's help.

"Dude, these men kill for a living and dispose of their bodies. No offense, but I would rather sleep with Leo than with the fishes," Nik said.

"What?" I asked.

"Fish are cold, and Leo is warm," he said.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Dude, if you're sleeping with the fishes, you're dead, so I don't think it matters."

"This just gets better and better," Zane said.

"What are you guys doing?" Someone asked us quietly, making us jump.

"Don't do that. You almost gave me a freaking heart attack," Zane whispered, holding his chest, looking at Emma.

"Sorry," Emma mentioned.

"We're watching Liam and JJ sign their death warrants. What's up?" I asked her.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go for a run?" She asked me.

"Kind of hard when we're on lockdown," I said.

"Well, that's why I called your dad and asked him for a favor," she smiled.

"Oh sure, you go to dad. You know he has a soft spot for you," I said.

"Really? I did not know that," she said in a sarcastic tone.

I gave her a look and picked her up, throwing her over my shoulder. I smacked her butt, causing her to let out a squeal. She quickly covered her mouth, and I chuckled as we walked away.

Mel walked up. "Oh god, please tell me that my idiot boyfriend and equally idiot brother are not playing a prank on a mob boss?"

"Sweet cheeks, we are playing it on one of his lackeys," Liam smirked.

"Damn, and I was going to tell you that I was ready," she said to him, snapping her fingers.

Liam stopped and looked at her as she walked away. He got down. "Here, finish this," he said, handing the stuff to JJ and running after Mel.

"You know it will piss him to find out she isn't," Nik said.

"Yep," JJ said as he finished rigging up the contraption then getting down.

While the boys were doing what they were doing, I carried Emma downstairs only to come face to face with Chase. I set her down, and we stared at him, trying not to laugh.

"Is there a reason Miss Santiago can't walk?" Chase asked me.

"I guess it tired her legs," I shrugged, causing Emma to giggle. He looked at her, and she tried to stifle the laugh.