Like father like son

After my dad and uncles came to help me with Emma's dilemma, things got better between the rest of the family and us. Liam promised not to screw things up, and I promised not to throw him into any more mirrors.

Emma and I continued our daily runs and studied together. Thanks to dad and my uncles, I couldn't invent needing help with the assignments: way to kill my vibe there, guys.

On the plus side, we became friends. Emma hung out with all of us from time to time, including me hanging out with her and her roommates. They were a little too enthusiastic about my taste, but they were friends with Emma.

One night I walked her home, and we were talking until I said, "I want to show you something."

"RJ, it's dark, don't you think?" She asked me.

"Well, we can do this the easy way or the hard way," I said to her.

"What do you mean the hard way?" Emma asked me.

With that, I picked her up and tossed her over my shoulder. "Not again! What is with you and your dad?" Emma yelled.

"It's an effective move," I said, carrying Emma somewhere.

When we arrived at the creek surrounded by woods, I set her down. She looked around and then started rambling, "Okay, if you plan on killing me, please let my roommates know so my parents can have a proper burial for me. Don't. I don't need them freaked out, but they would need to find my body again."

She went back and forth. I walked over to her and grabbed her by the face. I crashed my lips into hers. At first, she struggled until I moved my arms down around her arms. She finally gave in and kissed me back. Her lips were so soft, and they tasted like strawberries.

Finally, after a minute, I stopped kissing her and looked at her. "Sorry, you were rambling." Emma's eyes got enormous, and I said, "Emma, I like you, and I don't want to be your friend." Emma looked at me with confusion as I continued, "I want to be more. I want to call you mine."

"I don't know what to say," she whispered to me.

"Say you'll be mine," I said to her. "I don't want anyone but you. There is something about you. I have never felt this way about anyone the way I feel about you. The first time I saw you, I knew you differed from any other girl, and the fact you didn't fawn all over me made me want you even more. Please say you'll be mine," I whispered.

She looked at me. "On one condition that we take it slow. I've never done this."

"Huh?" I asked with confusion.

"A boyfriend, you dink. God, what did you think I meant?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, yeah," I said, trying to ignore the whole sexual inexperience.

"Really? Is that all you guys think?" She asked me, catching me by surprise.

"What? No," I exclaimed.

She shook her head, laughing at me as I pulled her lips to mine once more. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back.

I pulled back and looked at her. "Did you refer to me as your boyfriend?"

"Well, isn't that what it means to call someone yours?" Emma questioned.

"I guess so," I replied.

"Although, it would be nice to go out on a date," she said to me.

"Now that I can do," I said to her as I gave her a quick peck on the lips. I let go of her and slid my hand into hers, interlocking our fingers. Holding hands felt so natural and right.