Step into Christmas, part two

The next morning my parents thought it would be a fantastic idea to lecture to me about the previous night. Do you know what it's like to listen to parents talk about sex when you're not fully awake and in desperate need of coffee? Hell, my brain can't even function properly, let alone comprehend what they were saying. Finally, I said, "Sure, no problem." Then I fell over sideways on their bed, falling back to sleep.

"Hell, it's like talking to a brick wall with him," Dad groaned.

"You can't blame him for falling asleep. It is five in the morning," Mom said to Dad. Then they heard me snore.

"Great, I'll get some coffee," Dad sighed, leaving the room. Mom covered me up with a blanket, and I continued to sleep.

Two hours later, I felt someone shake me and mumbled, "Five more minutes, mom."

"Why does everyone keep calling me that?" I heard a soft voice ask.

I rubbed my eyes and looked up to see Emma standing there in her pajamas with bunny slippers.

"Nice slippers," I smirked.

She looked down. "What's wrong with my slippers?"

"They're just so cute and pink," I said to her.

She smacked me on the arm.

"Ow, why did you smack me?" I asked.

"For making fun of my slippers," she huffed,

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make fun of your slippers," I said, sitting up and pulling Emma to me. "Even if they are pink and kiddish."

She hit me with a pillow and walked off.

"Love you!" I yelled.

"Love you, too!" Emma yelled back.

I got up and went downstairs. I walked over to the coffeepot and poured a cup of coffee. Dad gave me a look as he cooked breakfast.

"RJ," Dad said.

"Dad," I replied.

"Remember what we talked about," Dad mentioned.

"Yeah, yeah, use a condom and don't knock up, Emma. You'll kill me if I do. I got it," I said, waving him off as I took a seat next to Emma.

He turned and looked at me. "That's not what I said."

"Well, it's hard to remember when you wake me up at the butt crack of dawn to have the 'talk.' So, excuse me if I don't quite remember the whole conversation," I retorted.

Dad let out a sigh, and mom said, "Okay, I think he gets the drift."

Dad filled the plates with food and brought all of us a plate, then took a seat himself.

"What time do we need to meet everyone?" Mom asked.

"In two hours," he said.

"So, explain why we never stuck to our word and got an artificial tree?" She asked him.

"Beats the hell out of me. It would make things so much easier. Nothing like freezing your dick off searching for the perfect tree," he grumbled.

"Then, why do it?" I asked him.

"Tradition, I guess. I prefer one of those tabletop trees. I mean eventually, you will be out on your own, and it's just going to be your mom and I. Then again, I really can't wait for you to get out on your own," Dad remarked.

"Ew, gross. I'm eating here," I said incredulously, and Dad shrugged.

After we finished eating, we all got ready and headed out in the tree lot. Drew and Matt came alone since the babies were too young to be in the cold, so the girls stayed home. While everyone was searching for the perfect Christmas tree, I was trying to keep Emma warm. Then I heard it. Someone was playing it over the speaker.