Meet the Santiago family, RJ

Usually, when a guy meets a girl's family, they're pretty nervous, but this was the one time it was different. We were meeting under different circumstances. We weren't meeting the family because of my engagement, but because they placed a threat to our family.

Dad held the meeting at our house while mom took Emma out for the day. Ace, Chase, and Brax arrived, going to the kitchen. Frazier came with Nik, and Jordan arrived with JJ Drew also showed up with Hunter.

Then the knock we all awaited to happen. I answered the door only to see not one but four guys and a woman standing there.

"Hello, I'm Marisol Santiago," the woman said. "May we come in?" Her tone was warm and polite. Nothing like I imagined from the things I heard. I nodded and stepped aside. The five of them stepped inside and looked around the house.

It wasn't until she laid eyes on Chase that she quickly made her way to him, pulling him into her and giving him a passionate kiss.

"Some things never change," Enrique said to Luis, who nodded.

We walked over as she asked, "Where is my boy?"

"He's busy knocking up his wife," he smirked, earning an eye roll from Ace.

"Call him," she demanded.

"Fine," he sighed, making a call.

"Marisol, we're not here for a family visit," Ramon said.

"Oh, hush. Never deny a mother the right to see her son," she said, shooting him a look.

While they introduced us to everyone, another knock came at the door. I answered to see a dark-haired guy standing there. He walked past me over to Marisol. Well, okay, just let yourself in, buddy.

He walked over and hugged her. "Hey, mom."

"Zackery," Marisol greeted the guy. "How are my grandbabies?"

"Getting big," Zackery answered.

"How's the wife?" Marisol asked.

"Pregnant," he answered.

She gave him a look. "It's the last one. I already got fixed."

"What about you and dad? When are you going to make things official?" Zack asked her.

"We aren't, and you know that. It's the only way to keep you and your family safe," Marisol reasoned.

"But you love him, right?" Zack asked.

"Always, but we also knew years ago the repercussions if people found out about you. It's complicated. Now shall we?" She asked, looking at us and telling the guy who walked in the discussion was over. I guess every family has secrets.

We all sat down at the table as Luis started, "So I hear my baby brother has been causing some issues."

"Issues more like tossing threats around," Frazier grumbled, earning a look from dad.

"It seems your brother has an issue with Emma choosing RJ over them," Dad said.

"Emmaline? Why?" Luis questioned.

"She walked away from them and their money because she loves my son," Dad answered.

"Smart girl, she is," Luis mentioned.

"Well, now she has accepted my boy's marriage proposal, and they aren't happy about it," Dad added.

"Spoiled brat," Enrique mumbled. They looked at him, and he said, "My brother, not your son."