Chapter 1

**Rylee's POV**

"Lately I've been hard to reach. I've been on my own.."
Basically my whole life right there. Like right now, walking down the sidewalk in the rain. Every step is one closer to this sad little house. One day, way back it sheltered a little girl, mother, and her father. That little girl couldn't be any happier. Now that little girl walks everywhere in her skin tight holy jeans, scuffed black boots, and sunglasses. Black hoodie and samurai sword on her back. Once all smiles and laughs now secrets and silence.

Once I had a happy life. I had a mother who was alive. I had a father who wasn't drowned in alcohol bringing home sluts. Too drunk to notice he's hurt his little princess. I had friends too. They left. I was drowning them in sadness. They couldn't handle the stress of me. I laughed. They couldn't handle the stress? HA! Bitterness drips from my smile now. Even a bit of salt lines my lips. I once lived in this happy world where I wasn't this thing. I didn't have to watch my back. People didn't secretly live in fear. Where people could dream. 

I gave up dreaming someone would save me or even help me long ago. I'm on my own now. Walking to the convenient store two blocks from that sad little house. Start at 8 am and get off at 4 pm. My pay, $8.50. Enough to get by. After 4, that two block walk back to the sad little house.

My black boots crush my reflection in puddles. Always my head down and hands in pockets. Never say a word never think a thing. Let them come to you.

I peer out of the corner of my eye to see one is on my tail. Keeping my steady pace I let it get faster. As soon as it's a couple steps away from me I pull out my sword. Turning around I slice it down the middle. Instantly it's body puffs into ash, which is instantly washed away by the rain. Another demon killed with my sword. Another demon soul trapped in my own.

Your thoughts aren't safe. If you think, something might hear it. They could hear it. Never risk it. Always head down and quiet.

My feet scuff the concrete steps as I walk up to my door. Pulling the keys out of my pocket I unlock the door. The creaking noise the door makes could be heard from blocks.

"Home." The words leave my lips. "I wish it still was," soon follows after.

Closing the door behind me I head for the small stairway that leads to the top floor. As I walk, to the left I can see my dad. He's passed out on the old floral sofa with his latest girlfriend, Molly. My boots cluncked up the stairs. At the top of the stairs; left, down the hall. A black wooden door covered with locks. Pulling the keys from my back pocket I unlock each lock one by one.

As soon as I open the door I notice instantly a familiar smell. Oddly pleasant. On my bedside dresser is a dead yellow rose along with a note. I close the door behind me and lock each lock again. Rolling up my sleeves showing the detailed swirled tattoos. Lifting the note, opening it to see the familiar soft cursive letters.

"I want you to show me every twisted, frightened thought you've ever had. I want your eyes to crack my bones; I want your words to tear my skin apart. I want your bitter love and crazed laugh. I want every inch of you.        ~P.F."

Always the same initials. The same handwriting. Same dead rose. It's always the same around here. Always the same feeling someone is watching me, but never there when I look. As soon as I finish reading the letter it disappears. Like always. The rose soon follows. The evidence all gone like it was never there. Like always.

Sitting on my bed I rest my back against the wall. Casually resting my elbows on my knees I let my hands dangle. Letting my head droop the hood of my jacket hiding my face. I'm left to finally think. Thinking about my mom, my dad. How once my family was perfect. When my dad didn't blame himself for my mother's death. When that car didn't collide with my mother and fathers car.

Instantly I snap myself out of my thoughts. Pulling myself from thinking.

Thinking. It gets you killed.

I'm finally at peace once sleep overtakes me and I'm too weak to fight against it. The burn from the new tattoo forming now gone.

¬¬¬¬¬
Hello, lovelies,

So..... Were do I begin?!?! I've been writing many books on here but never pushed myself to actually publish but looky now I'm doing it. I hope you guys enjoy this secret-filled story

Please give me your advice and feedback I'm open to opinions and change XD

Please vote and comment and like. I love you lovelies looking forward to this new adventure with you XD

XOXOXOX

Alice