56

"How'd he do?" Ana asks Jonah after the tests were given. Ana had watched on the video feed, but she still wants a report from someone physically there.

"He's hurt and bleeding. Took a big beating but still kept going. He passed if he survives." Jonah says laconically.

"Is he likely to survive?" This time it's Trinity that demands an answer. He doesn't like how Michael treated Ana and hopes the bastard doesn't survive.

"Yeah, he was fairly cognizant when he was whisked to the infirmary. I got a funny feeling about this one, boss." Jonah hadn't liked it from the start but it's been bothering him more every time he thinks about it.

"It smells to high heaven, Jonah." Ana smiles, "Damon, myself, Trinity and pretty boy will be there tomorrow for the swearing in. Did you notice any tats?"

"Nothing, but that doesn't mean anything either." Jonah says rapidly to get everything said that he wants to say.

"I know, that's why Trinity will be taking my place to take and give his oath. I want Damon there to tell me what he thinks. Calum will be left in charge of Phoenix just in case something comes up. Damon doesn't even want me there.

"I'll be taking a mix of Hawk and Spider men with  me as well. How many do you have planned to be there?"

"I'll put all of them in there if I could. How many do you want?"

"Put some of mine as well, Ana, an attack against you is still an attack against me." Damon says cutting into the conversation.

"Are you sure?" Ana asks looking upset.

"Some of my men have requested to go. They think it's a trap and don't want you hurt."

"By some you mean Jackson?" Ana smirks.

"And Tony and half a dozen others." This information wipes Ana's smirk clean off.

"We'll place Phoenix's men inside in the darker areas, it's possible that they'll be made otherwise. It's already assumed that I took over Spider as well so that won't be a problem."

"How many?"

"Twenty should do it."

"Altogether?"

"No, twenty each, that includes Phoenix if he can find twenty volunteers. I won't take any that are forced to go."

Damon nods at her words and leaves to talk to his men. He doesn't doubt that he'll get that many. Ana does though.

Michael stands nervously waiting. Soon it will be time to swear his oath to Hawk. This is what he's been waiting for, his chance to prove himself.

He's brought out to the front of the room. He's told to stay put and remain standing. He hopes this doesn't take too long his ribs hurt like hell and he wants to take some pain meds.

Shortly other people start filing into the room and taking up seats along the wall and in front of the podium. He's startled to find that several people pass behind him and remain standing. He's perhaps the most surprised to see Phoenix standing there next to the pretty boy and the slut he ran into at school that laughed at him.

Looking at her he about jumps as he sees an intelligence in her face he failed to notice before. He feels sick like she's judging him and finding him lacking just like everyone else. He wonders just why she's here and what she meant by pretty boy is there to protect others from her, not her from others?

His thoughts are interrupted when another man steps up onto the staging area. Michael's heart beat picks up. Trinity, Hawk's son stands before him. He'd done it, Hawk really is before him.