46

When Ana takes a break from her interrogation she takes a seat near Damon. She had been a bit more brutal than she has been with others when she takes over, but this time she's frustrated.

It had been so long since she's been able to relax. She's tired too. 

The two before her now know who she is and why she is Hawk.

"Ana, I'll call and tell them to get the girls. You left a lot of clothes at my place, stay tonight and sleep. After you deal with the people tomorrow you can leave again. I'll let you have as many of your men as you wish. There are people there that would like to see you again. Consider it please."

"Perhaps, it would certainly make it easier since I have to drop you off anyway and these two, if they survive." Ana shrugs, she gives Damon a smile that makes him uncomfortable. "If I do, how about I make the pitch for my deal then?"

Damon takes a second and thinks about that. That smile always means trouble, always. But and now he smiles, the trouble isn't always bad. He finds himself starting to smile as well. "If you promise to stay the night, yes, I'll listen to your deal." He's actually looking forward to it now. A deal with Ana, something he didn't think would ever happen again once she left and told him to go to hell.

"Would you let me take a turn?" Damon says motioning to the two before them. 

Ana looks at them consideringly. "If they are going to survive I'd better stop now. From what I've heard you shouldn't start. I think it's time to pack it in." Ana sends her doctor over to deal with the men. She doesn't really trust them but she'll need them at least for now.

"Trinity, how are you holding up?" Ana asks she knows that he's hurting even though he's doing his best to hide it. The throwing against the rock that Spider did earlier had hurt his ribs.

"It hurts like hell to breathe, boss." Trinity says softly hiding his pain.

"Have you seen Doc?" Ana demands as she looks over her bodyguard.

"Yeah, he's done all he can. Not much you can do about bruised ribs though, just needs some time to heal."

"Very well, let's pack it up. Trinity why don't you restrain our two guests once more?" Trinity nods at Ana's requests and takes out some cable ties and secures the two bloodied men before helping them stand once more. Two more of Ana's men come out and take charge of the prisoners to escort them to the trail and from there to the vehicles.

Damon watches their efficiency and approves. "How did you find this place, Ana?"

"Look around you Damon, or don't you remember six years ago?" Ana says softly with a smirk.

Damon shakes his head, "I never was in this part of town unless on a mission."

Ana giggles, something that grabs Trinity's attention as well as Damon's. He hasn't heard that since Ana came down the stairs at Christmas and found Jenny in Damon's arms.

"I lived just a few blocks from the warehouse district. I would sneak out of my house and seek for some place to play away from my parents. I found this access road when I was playing. This was the place I could come to and no one would find me. I didn't care if I was trespassing, I wasn't hurting anything." Ana looks around as they hike down the trail. She steadies Damon as his shoes slip on the steep trail.

"You really should have worn something better than dress shoes, Damon," Ana's tone implies laughter.

"If I'd known that I'd be going hiking I would have. Thanks for the heads up, by the way." Damon says mockingly.

"Oh, you're most welcome, Damon. Anytime." Ana gives him a mocking little bow.

It takes them less time to get back to the cars then it took for them to hike to the clearing. The two captives are unceremoniously tossed into two different trunks. Damon goes into the same car as Ana and Trinity. Trinity makes sure that he is in between the two.

Damon does what he can to make himself comfortable, but he isn't finding it easy. After all he's not entirely sure what his standing with Hawk is at this moment. It had been friendly up til now but, he's not sure how much longer that will be.

"Relax Phoenix, I won't be breaking our alliance any time soon. Unless of course you tell me that you've actually entered into a marriage contract with Spider." Ana says closing her eyes and resting.

"I'd rather die a thousand deaths by my worst enemies than marry that bitch." Damon's words are acidic and sharp.

Ana's smile would send shivers down their spines if the other two had seen it. Soon now, the time will be soon.

Since they didn't see the smile the other two are able to relax as well.

Ana on the other hand isn't able to relax. She has a traitor amongst those that she brought with her. Those are her most trusted men and it infuriates her that they would dare to betray her. It is definitely time to give another demonstration about what happens to betrayers.

"Damon, might I impose on you some more?" Ana asks breaking into Damon's thoughts.

"What can I do for you, Ana?" Damon asks coming back to the present in the blink of an eye.

"I have need to conduct some interviews with my men. I have a traitor among my most trusted men. Then I'll need to borrow your yard to do my demonstration of why you don't want to betray me." Ana explains what her needs are.

Damon swallows hard, "I've heard that you have such plans for me as well."

Ana smiles the smile that always makes Damon worry about his future.

"Oh, I've been toying with an idea," Ana's smile drops. "I've been debating it for awhile and for right now that idea is on hold. I can't forget all that you have done for me, no matter how hard I've tried."

"You are welcome to use whatever I have." Damon says in the silence that falls at her words. "You are welcome to whatever I have." Damon was in essence giving her Phoenix.

"Phoenix is your problem, I have to deal with Hawk and now that stupid Spider group. I just need some simple things." Ana says sassily.

"As you wish Ana."