29

Ana doesn't particularly like school, what she likes is getting out of the house. Although Damon has relaxed things a bit, Ana still finds being confined to the house intolerable. It's a relief to her for school to start, especially since Damon did his best to talk her into homeschooling. Ana shudders at the thought.

Just then the main reason she had considered homeschooling walks up to her. "My father is going to arrange a marriage for me to Phoenix. When he does, I'll make sure that you are no more than a nuisance of a slave and sold at the next auction."

Ana turns to the spiteful eleven year old. "You know Jezebel, bragging about your father selling you off at this young of an age, really isn't something you should brag about. Just how much does your father hate you?" Ana has no fear that Damon would take that marriage. He detests how Jezebel has treated her and with her being Hawk he doesn't need the alliance. Damon has talked to her bout how Spider is trying to force the issue.

Jezebel gives her a death glare and huffs as she moves away. Jacob sniggers at her huffy actions. "As if Damon would ever accept someone like her as his wife. You'd have her wrapped up and tossed into the trash before the wedding I do's were even said."

Ana looks over to Jacob curiously, "What do you mean?" They walk forward and look for their lockers. They have been assigned right next to each other.

"That bitch couldn't handle Damon, let alone you. If you didn't have to behave to avoid a war with Spider, you would have already dealt with her so she wouldn't bother you any more. That stunt she and her coterie pulled with your hair? I thought you were going to kill her." Jacob says smiling at the memory.

Ana frowns in annoyance. Damon had to do a lot of talking and negotiating to stop the war after Jacob dealt with the problem. Mostly because Damon told Spider to rein in the bitch or he would have a fight on his hands. Ana had heard him say those words and it wasn't until later that she understood what he meant.

Damon would have started a war on her behalf. A war that he couldn't have won at that time, now he could. Ana smiles that small secretive smile. 

Hawk's men were proving their loyalty surprisingly well. It might be due to them being totally terrified of her coming after them, but none of them have even tried to betray her. Trinity being her bodyguard seems to have helped that along quite nicely.

Her smile widens, Trinity. He's proven incredibly loyal. Jezebel hasn't realized that her other crush is Ana's as well. Perhaps the first day of school isn't so bad after all.

"You think that bitch is going to cause trouble for you this year?" Jacob is saying when Ana comes out of her thoughts.

Ana snorts, "Is the sky blue? Jezey doesn't know the meaning of how to behave. She doesn't realize just what kind of relationship I have with Damon. I think if we make it through this year without there being a war between Spider and Phoenix it will be a miracle."

Jacob stops fussing with his books and looks at her, he like everyone else has learned to respect her understanding of a situation. "You think she'll take it that far?"

Ana smirks, "I think she's daddy's little spoiled bitch of a girl. She's going to push her father beyond the point that she should. I don't know Spider though, so he might resist her so he doesn't fall into stupidity like Hawk did. I haven't heard that he's a pervert that likes little girls," Ana shuts her locker and shrugs. "Hawk came after me due to lust. Idiot. Spider, if he comes after me, will be to shut Jezey up. I can't understand how anyone can listen to her whine and complain constantly and not kill her." Ana shudders, if Jezey did get her way, Damon would kill her within a week out of self defense.

Ana walks across the street to the high school with Jacob. She goes to the football field to watch Trinity practice. They have a game on Friday with their biggest rivals and so the practice is pretty intense. Ana doesn't really understand the concept of why people would want to play such a violent sport, but Trinity just shrugged and said, "It's fun."