34

"Ana, do I need to finish packing or has Damon talked you into staying?" Trinity asks opening her door.

Damon stands back up and takes a step back waiting for Ana to respond. He's not very pleased at Trinity not even knocking, but he is Ana's to deal with not his.

Ana for her part hasn't stopped looking at Damon and thinking. Without taking her eyes from Damon she says, "We'll be staying until my birthday at least. Unless I'm shown more disrespect. Go find Calum, he's probably with your sister somewhere, and have him meet me in Damon's study. We'll be having more of Hawk's men moving in. That bitch is putting more pressure on her father to make an alliance with Phoenix. Spider will likely be making a move within a few months."

Trinity nods and heads out to look for his sister and Calum. All this time Ana never takes her eyes off Damon. "So help me, Damon, you make an alliance with Spider by entering a marriage contract with that bitch and I'll be gone for good. You will be able to consider us enemies at that point."

Damon snorts his derision, "I have less than zero desire to enter marriage at this time, even less with that little  bitch. Don't worry, I would never consider entering a marriage contract with her.

"I'll have Gemma come in and unpack for you." Damon goes over to her, "You have given me another chance and I thank you for it." He gives her another kiss this time on her forehead before leaving. He sticks his head back in and says, "Do you want privacy with Calum or did you want me there as well?"

"Doesn't everything I say end up reported to you any way?" Ana snorts out.

Damon looks at her in shock and hurt. "Ana, you are Hawk. Calum is there to help you, not spy for me. He has only ever told me what you have told him to, with the exception of today. He would never betray your trust like that."

Ana can always tell when he's telling the truth, but she still isn't sure that she can believe this.

"He won't tell me, unless you tell him to. How many men do you wish to move in? I'll need to know so that I can make room for them." Damon tries another track.

"I'm not sure yet. You might as well be there for the meeting with Calum. Since I'll be staying here it will directly affect you as well and this is your house."

Damon flinches at these words. He's tried hard to make her feel like this was her home as well. He'd thought that she had come to accept this, but with his thoughtless words and actions he's set things back to how they were when she first came here.

"Calum give me one reason why I shouldn't leave your ass here," Ana demands as he enters with Trinity. Calum stops short as he takes in the fact that Ana is sitting behind Damon's desk and Damon is standing silently looking out the window at his garden.

"I thought that you had resolved things with Damon," Calum says hesitantly and walks further into the room. He goes to sit down and then thinks twice about it and remains standing.

Ana just shrugs and waits for him to answer. Calum sighs, "You have the men, there is no denying that. Hell if you sneezed you'd have five of them there with a tissue to wipe your nose if you wished. If I didn't know first hand just how terrifying you are I'd say that you've made Hawk go soft. But that is the very reason you still need me, Ana. The men know and are loyal, no matter how much Damon distrusts them, they are loyal to you. And unlike Damon's men it isn't due to fear.

"However, Spider just knows you through reports mostly from his bitch of a daughter. He doesn't know that you are beyond ruthless if you need to be. Hell, he may not even know that you are Hawk. I'm pretty sure that if he knew that he'd back his daughter off from you completely.

"There is a new comer, we've talked about this before. Damon is aware of it as well. He think he's the one behind the accident that nearly killed you."

"The one that Damon was supposed to go to Paris to find out information on." Ana presses Calum. He still hasn't given her a decent reason to keep him.

"Yes, with him not going it will mean us taking a step back to finding out information."

Ana narrows her eyes at him. She looks over at Damon, "You were going to be gone for a week. You left yesterday and returned today. Where the hell were you? You didn't have time to go there and come back."

"I don't have to answer to you Ana," Damon says taking a drink from the glass he holds. "But, since this is a meeting about trust, I got off at my layover and had already booked a flight to return home. The meeting for the information isn't until the day after tomorrow. I can still make the meeting if I leave tonight."

"Tony doesn't have the ability to go in your place but Calum does. He and Trina never got a decent honeymoon. Send them, you can trust Calum to get the information that you need and to do things the way you'd want them done.

"I'll stay here and have a dozen more of my men come to help with my protection." Ana states and watches Damon as she says this. At his silent nod she turns to Calum and finds him looking at her with shock.

"Just because I don't fully trust you Calum, doesn't mean I don't recognize your abilities or your loyalties to Damon. I am fully aware that you'd find it easy to dump Hawk and return to Phoenix. 

"Trina deserves a decent honeymoon. Go home and get packed for a week. I'll have the tickets sent to your phone. Send over the men you feel will be the best for the job of babysitting. Go."

Calum still more than a little stunned manages to get up and make his way out of the study. He doesn't even look at Damon as he goes. 

Ana turns her attention to Damon once more, "You'll need to send him the information or at least call him before he leaves. It won't do him any good to get there and not even know who to contact or where."

Damon finally turns to her and, "I know how to do my job Ana. I've been doing it far longer than you have."

Ana looks at him and stands up and leaves. Trinity stands up hurriedly and follows her out of the room. Just as he leaves he hears a glass shattering. His eyes get big, Damon is pissed.

"Ana, where are we going?" Trinity asks as he catches up to her.

"I need to calm down which means either torture or dance. Since I am unaware of anyone needing to be tortured that leaves dancing. Are you going to watch?" Ana says carefully keeping her voice neutral. 

"You will allow me to?" Trinity asks blindsided. Ana doesn't like to have people watch her when she dances to calm down.

"You remained loyal to me, I'm not angry with you," Ana replies softly.

"Ana," Trinity isn't sure if it's a smart thing to continue speaking right now, but he really wants to say this. "How did you know Trina has always wanted to go to Paris? Thank you for giving this to her."

"I like your sister, Trinity. We've talked a great deal. She let slip once that she's always wanted to go to Paris. Things have been too unsettled to send her before, but I'd rather have Calum over there than Damon. Even if he is acting like an ass right now."

Ana takes her position and asks Trinity choose the music for her to dance to. Soon she is lost to everything else as the music takes over. She doesn't even notice Damon coming in or his sending Trinity out.