5

Ana is sad to be leaving the city. She can't help the tears as she leaves Damon behind. "Remember my promise, Little One?" Damon says and Ana nods once more.

"I'll let you in on a secret. You see how the dog's eyes are different?" Damon points to the stuffed dog he gave her. She nods, "That's because the funny looking eye is a camera and microphone. I will be able to see and hear everything that you can if you are holding the dog and whatever the camera points to if you aren't. So make sure you have your dog with you at all times when you are at the house, ok?" Damon asks and Ana does feel better as she nods. Maybe Damon won't be able to save her, but he'll be watching over her.

As soon as Mrs. Lighten's car is out of the drive Damon has his driver take him to the airport where Calum is waiting with a helicopter. They arrive in Janton in less than half an hour. Damon immediately goes to his new home. They get there just as the first of the delivery trucks arrive.

His men arrive and start putting first Damon's then their home in order. Damon orders Calum to shop for the items his maids have put together that they will need for the houses.

He is there when Mrs. Lighten arrives. He calls out to Ana and when she looks up she can't believe that he's there. She runs the best she can down the sidewalk to him and he grabs her up and swings her around as he walks her back to where Mrs. Lighten waits.

"Well, I hadn't expected you to be here today Mr. Phoenix," Mrs. Lighten says as he joins her with Ana.

"Just bought the house down the street. I'll be living here for now," Damon says smiling down at Ana. Ana squeals in delight.

"Truly?"

"Truly, Little One." Damon loves to see the smile that appears on her face. Her smiles are rare and beautiful things.

Just then Ana's new foster mother joins them. "Mrs. Lighten?" The woman says cutting off what Mrs. Lighten was going to say to Damon.

They all face the new comer and Mrs. Lighten smiles, "Yes, you must be Ms. Drescot?"

Ms. Drescot looks at Ana and then at Damon in curiousity. "I was only expecting the girl."

"I'm Ana's friend. I just moved down the street today. Sorry for intruding on things." Damon says with his blinding smile.

Ms. Drescot looks Damon over and with a veiled look in her eye says, "Oh, think nothing of it. Actually I have a son that's not too far off your age, I think. Just a moment." Ms. Drescot turns inside and yells, "Scott! Ana is here and there's a new neighbor I think you'll want to meet."

Scott comes out as if he was waiting for his mother's call. He looks for and finds Ana first and smiles. Ana shrinks back into Damon. She doesn't trust him at all.

Ana's shrinking against Damon brings Scott's attention to him, they both take a moment to size each other up. Damon has no doubts that this kid is responsible for all the abuse and harm done to the kids. He's not going to let Scott touch Ana.

For Scott's part he sees a slightly older teen that could be useful for him. "Hi, I'm Scott Drescot. I'll be Ana's foster brother."

Damon takes the proffered hand Scott gives him and wants to break it, but can't at this time. He has to wait until the bastard does something. He just hopes that Ana won't get too hurt before that happens. "I'm Damon Phoenix. I just moved two doors down. Ana and I are friends. I was surprised that I was being moved so close to her. But I'm glad I was." And boy was he ever. Of course Scott and his mother couldn't tell the lies for what they were, but Mrs. Lighten knew. But she just smiles and keeps her mouth shut. She feels better knowing Damon would be watching out for Ana nearby.