44

"Calum! assemble the men. Ana replied and she said to take twenty men to the warehouse district. She'll give further details later. We are to be there in an hour and a half. She said to wear body armor, but keep all weapons in plain sight. We can take as many weapons as we wish." Damon doesn't believe how generous Ana is being. She's allowing enough men and weapons for a small war. Just as long as everything is in the open she said.

Calum assembles the men that miss Ana the most. The first one tapped is Jackson. The only reason he takes any weapons is because he doesn't want trouble with Spider and he's sure that there will be.

Damon is surprised to see Jacob in the men that Calum gathers for this mission. Tony as well, he doesn't think that there is one single person on the group assembled that doesn't like or at least admire Ana. He smiles sourly, of course if there is then things would go down very fast. What's more important, those assembled are the ones Ana got along with when she lived here.

It doesn't take them long to load up and make their way to the warehouse  district. Damon holds them back from entering until he receives further instructions from Ana. He doesn't want to jeopardize this meeting in any way.

He about jumps when his phone rings. He answers it as quickly as he can get it out of his pocket. "Hello Damon, you followed the orders so far. You kept the numbers to the amount I've given you?"

"Yes, and the weapons will all be visible. I don't understand why you are allowing me so much leeway Ana." That had been bothering Damon ever since he read her answer.

"There is every chance that Spider will have followed me here. I think I have a traitor among Hawk's men. If I do, when I find him he'll wish he was never born.

"Time to go, Damon. Bypass the warehouses completely, there is a little used dirt road at the end of this road. Take it and drive for about three miles. You'll see my cars there and that's where you will need to park. On the left side of the dirt road next to my cars there is a hiking trail. Take that for about a mile and you'll come to a picnic area. I'll be waiting. Make sure your men don't make any sudden moves, I'll be having my men watching and some of them know your reputation Damon. I must say, if this is how you were  before I came into your life, no wonder your men didn't want me to leave before. I think you've been a bit harsh on your whore though. When are you going to let Jenny go home?"

"How-"

"Don't worry, Damon, none of your men are betraying you. At this point in time they are more terrified of you then they are of me and I didn't think that was possible. What happened to you not liking being with females that can't say no?"

"Ana-"

"We'll talk after your little hike. Make sure you bring water, it's going to be a long hot day and we have a lot to talk about." With that Ana hangs up. The tension in the car had climbed as soon as the phone rang. It climbed even higher when Damon said Ana's name.

"Tony let the other cars know we are bypassing the warehouses completely and taking the dirt road at the end of this road. Continue on this road for about three miles until you see other vehicles and pull over. That is where we'll be getting out. I'll finish relaying the directions once we are all there. Be on the lookout for Spider's men following us. Ana suspects they might follow us or somehow find out where we will be meeting."

Tony relays the information and everyone gets their weapons ready as Tony once more starts driving. Damon is glad he decided to take the SUV's instead of cars this time. The road is old and half overgrown. If Ana hadn't told him that she had already gone up there he would never have guessed at the road having been used in the last five years let alone the last five days.