Part 34: Dynamis and Ryuto

~the next day~

[Name]'s POV

"Nile! Demure!" I grin at the two guys that stand by a blue pick-up truck with a driver inside.

"[Name], nice to see you without injury." The Egyptian male smirks as we exchange hugs before he turns to my other friends. "Kyoya, Benkei, it's been a while." Nile shakes hands with the two.

"How are you doing, Demure?" I smile at him.

"I've been good, [Name]." He nods his head with a small grin and we exchange a hug.

"That's good, now what's this about a star fragment, you guys?" I ask him and Nile.

"We believe a star fragment fell at Mist Mountain, so we should start heading there now," Nile says and hops into the the truck.

We get in the bed of the vehicle before it starts speeding through the sand towards a mountain. Gingka, Yuki, Madoka and Benkei point out the animals near by while I lean back and relax. "How nice, so how much longer until we get to this Mist Mountain place, anyway?" Kyoya sends a side glance to his old teammate.

"We're almost there actually," Nile turns around and tells us.

"Hmmm, I wonder where the star fragment is in the mountain," I hum and look out at the desert landscape.

"It may be difficult finding it though," Demure tells us.

"Difficult?" Madoka questions, and Nile takes a seat next to me.

"You see, Mist Mountain is dodgy and rises from the jungle at some very strange angles. For some reason the mountain is covered in mist all year long and because of that you may lose your sense of direction, get lost, and never find your way out again," Nile explains, and my eyes shoot open.

"Holy shit, this sounds fun!" I exclaim with sparkles in my eyes, causing everyone to sweat-drops. "Is there a possibility that someone already has the star fragment?" I ask, returning to a serious nature.

"Actually, yes, there is a rumor of a guardian that watches over the mountain, so it's possible that they possess the star fragment."

"How exciting! I'm getting so pumped!" Gingka says with fire in his eyes.

"I just hope that this guy isn't like King," Kyoya scowls, and I chuckle.

"King is definitely a handful and even I admit I don't think I could handle another legendary blader like him," I laugh, and Demure points out in the distance.

"Look, over there! It's a pride of lions!" he announces, and everyone looks in the direction to see nothing.

"Where are they?" Kyoya grumbles, the excitement that was in his eyes now leaving.

"Demure... just how far are these lions you speak of?" I ask, remembering how keen his senses are.

"They're only twenty kilometers away; how can't you see them?" he asks, and we all anime fall.

~

"So, that is Mist Mountain?" I grin at the shady looking mountain ahead of us.

"Let's hurry, you guys. We want to reach the summit before the sun goes down," Nile states, walking ahead of us.

We walk through the jungle when a wild leopard approaches us. "It's a kitty," I coo and hold my hand out to the large cat.

It stares at me before rubbing its face up against my hand. "H-how does she do that?!" Gingka shouts as I start petting the large cat before it runs off.