Part 12: Save Yu

[Name]'s POV

"How's he doing?" I ask one of the nurses while looking at Tsubasa.

"He's in a coma," she tells me and I frown.

"So there's no saying when he'll awake," I murmur, placing my hand on his and giving it a small squeeze.

"No there's not, miss." The nurse looks at me with pity.

"Thank you," I tell her before walking out of the room and head over to the one Hyoma's in. I push open the door to see him awake, bringing a smile to my face. "Hyoma!"

"[Name]." He gives me a small wave and we turn our attention to the TV which is announcing the two Bey battles: Gingka vs Reiji and Kyoya vs Ryuga. "Wait, [Name], did you lose?" Hyoma looks at me with wide eyes, and I chuckle and sit on the edge of his bed.

"No, I didn't lose. Since there were an odd amount of competitors left, Doji said I wouldn't fight until the final round," I explain as Hyoma moves to sit beside me.

"What happened to Tsubasa, Hikaru, Kenta, and the rest?" Hyoma asks me, and I frown and look down.

"Well, Tsubasa and Hikaru are in a comatose state because of their battle with Ryuga, Kenta's Bey was pretty badly destroyed by Reiji, Yu's Bey also got destroyed by Reiji under Doji's orders, and Benkei is fine," I explain, and his eyes widen in shock.

"So, Yu is no longer with the Dark Nebula?" Hyoma asks and I nod my head.

"Yeah. That poor kid. He didn't deserve anything that happened to him."

Hyoma sends me a sad smile before standing up and offering me his hand, "You want to go for a walk with me? I'm tired of just resting and you need to clear your mind."

"Sure! Let's go for a walk." I take his hand and he pulls me onto my feet before opening the door to the room.

We walk out and start making our way down the hallways, when we spot Kenta ahead of us. "Kenta!" Hyoma calls out, and the green-haired boy stops and turns around.

"Hyoma! You're looking much better. And, hello, [Name]," Kenta says as we saunter up to him.

"Yeah, I'm feeling much better and I want to be there to witness Gingka's battle with Reiji." Hyoma gives him a close-eyed smile.

Kenta goes to respond but is cut off by a loud scream. "That sounds like Yu!" I exclaim and we run down the hall to see Doji and some Dark Nebula bladers kidnapping Yu. "Let him go, Doji." I launch [B/Name] down the hall but a door on the wall closes before my Bey gets there.

"Yu!" Kenta's exclaims and I frown.

"We need to save him," I tell Hyoma and Kenta and they agree before we run off to find Madoka.

"Madoka! Yu was taken by Doji!" I grab her shoulders and shake her around.

"We have to tell Gingka!" She turns to go find our friend and I quickly stop her.

"We can't, Madoka..." I trail off and look down.

"What! Why not?!" she asks quickly.

"Gingka needs to win his battle and if he learns about what happened to Yu, he won't be focused," Hyoma tells her.

"Madoka... we're going to have to rescue Yu on our own. Once Gingka's match is over you can tell him but until then not one word about his." I look into her eyes, and she understands how serious I am.

"Stay safe, you three." Madoka's voice is laced with worry as we run out of the room and down the halls to the entrance of the arena.

We sprint outside and make our way through the city, pushing past people who head towards the arena for today's battles. The closer we get to where Yu was taken the more I begin to worry. "Guys, are your Bey's in any condition to battle? Did Madoka repair them yet?" I ask as we skid to a stop.