Part 29: Hades City

~the next day~

[Name]'s POV

"Welcome to the Beyblade World Championships After Party which will be broadcast all over the world via satellite," Blader DJ announces as I stand in absolute boredom on the platform that will rise up in. "The man covering this event will be me, Blader DJ! Moving on, let me introduce you to the Beyblade World Champions, hailing from Japan, our very own representatives... Team Gan Gan Galaxy!"

The platform rises up, and Gingka, Masamune, and Madoka take in the spotlight as my eye twitches. "Hey, guys, look there's no one here other than Ryo and Hikaru," I chuckle, and the other three anime fall.

"Don't worry, you guys, Wang Hu Zhong, Wild Fang, Kenta, Wales, Sophie, Klaus, and Hyoma are just running a little late." Ryo sweats nervously as my team throws a fit.

"I think I'm just going to leave now; I'm not feeling the whole party vibe at the moment." I give a two finger salute and start to walk away with my eyes closed.

I whistle a tune to myself, when soda is splashed all over my face, making me stop in my step. I open my eyes to see Kyoya standing in front of me with an empty soda bottle, a coy smirk tugging at his lips. "Running away from your own party? Not on our watch," he chuckles and my eyes narrow dangerously at him.

"Our?" I ask, when more soda is sprayed all over me, completely drenching my clothes and hair.

I look around me to see Wales, Nile, and Hyoma with empty soda bottles and sly smiles. "Ohhh, so that's how this is going to go down," I laugh lowly, grabbing one of the soda bottles and shaking it before setting it down on the ground.

The bottle becomes a bottle-rocket and sprays everyone on the rooftop, causing me to laugh. Soda is suddenly dumped all over my head and I spin on my heel to see who was the cause of it. "Hah, gotcha, babe!" Chao Xin laughs and winks at me.

An all out soda war breaks out, and Gingka and I stand back to back as everyone surrounds us. "Well, we're fucking screwed," I joke as soda is sprayed all over us. I begin to laugh hysterically until pain shoots up my ribcage, causing me to yelp and kneel down on the ground, pressing my hand to where it hurts.

Everyone stops what they're doing and Sophie crouches down next to me. "You're over doing it; your ribs are still healing, so don't push yourself too much," she tells me as the guys give me concerned looks.

"Yeah, you're right," I chuckle, and she pulls me onto my feet. I look around at my friends before adverting my gaze to my feet with a sad frown.

"What's wrong, [Name]?" Dashan gently lays a hand on my shoulder and looks down at me.

"I just wish that Tsubasa and Yu were here," I whisper, receiving nods of agreement from my team.

"They-" Masamune starts, but is cut off when a strong gust of wind surrounds the rooftop, making us all look up. A helicopter approaches the rooftop and slowly lands before the door on the side opens.

"Ziggurat..." I snarl as the man appears in the sunlight and smirks.

"I'm sorry; excuse our tardiness," he chuckles lowly, and Zeo, Jack, and Damian step out of the helicopter and onto the roof.

"Starbreaker?" Gingka questions quizzically.

"Zeo..." Masamune and I trail off, and four more people emerge from the helicopter.

"The Garcias?" Kenta murmurs, and I unconsciously hold my arm and look away.

Kyoya and Wales immediately take a protective stance in front of me, glaring at the siblings. "You guys don't have to..." I whisper with a soft smile.