Part 8: The Green Hades

[Name]'s POV

I stop walking when I reach the base of a mountain where a large, scratched up, wooden door sits. "Okay, [B/Name], let's get through." I twirl my launcher around my fingers before gripping it and attaching my Beyblade.

I launch my Bey towards the door and it starts to push it open. "Come on, [B/Name], I believe in you," I say, and my Bey pushes the door all the way open. "We did it!" I fist-pump the air as [B/Name] returns to me.

I walk through the door into a rocky cave, jumping when the door shuts behind me. 'Guess I'm not going back that way' I frown before heading down the path. The rocky ground soon turns to ice and I carefully walk across until I'm outside. Snow falls down from where I stand on the mountain and I start climbing up as it begins to fall faster. I slip a few times but regain my holding before continuing up to the top.

"Oh, please let this be the last door," I pant, when I see the wooden door in front of me. I wipe the snow off my face and grab my launcher and Bey. "Okay, [B/Name], one last time!"

I launch my Bey at the door and it bursts open at the hit. [B/Name] returns to me and I walk into a rocky cove which has stone stairs that lead up. "I swear on my life I'm never walking uphill again after this," I groan and stomp up the stairs in frustration.

One more door lies up ahead with a handle on it this time, making me sigh in relief. I take a deep breath before turning the handle and pushing on the door, my eyes widening when it doesn't open. "What?! No, no, no, no." I jiggle the handle and accidentally pull it towards me, making the door open. "Oh... it was a pull door."

I walk into the room and look around me in amazement at the walls that are made of ice and the ceiling that allows light to flow in. "Now, what did my father leave up here for me?" I ask myself, breaking my attention away from my surroundings.

I look around the empty ice room, when something in the corner catches my eye. "A bag?" I walk over and pick it up. "This was Dad's Beyblade bag, I remember he didn't have it with him before he died, so this is where it was." I sit down on the cold, hard ground and unzip the backpack.

Peering in, I pick up a note that was neatly folded and tucked into the corner. I slowly open it and glance over the writing.

[Name],

If you're reading this then you found out the truth of where I'm from, and a huge congratulations on making it up Mount Hagane! I'm sorry I couldn't tell you the truth while I was alive but it was for your own protection.

My eyes widen in shock, "He knew he was going to die!" My heart aches as I continue to read through the paper.

At this point you're probably wondering how I knew I'd die. You see, sweetheart, I knew that when you found [B/Name] and started battling that it would draw the attention of Doji and his organization. Most likely if you're reading this I faced Doji to protect you and that's how I died. When my Lightning Cobra faced Doji's Dark Wolf, my Bey took a lot of his power away and that meant that my Bey would shatter and I would also die since I will also be taking the attack.

[Name], your Beyblade, [B/Name], has much history behind it that you will have to take your own time to learn and master. You may believe that since you can control every aspect of [B/Name] that you have mastered it, but there is still a hidden power in that Bey of yours. So, let's start with a little bit of the history on it (how boring, right?).

I laugh, "Dad, you always have known me so well." I smile before continuing to read the note.

[B/Name] is what you will one day learn is a legendary Beyblade outside of the ten other legendary Beys. Many, many years ago there was a Beyblade strong enough to destroy the entire world and nine of the legendary Beys teamed up to fight against the tenth. Together those nine are strong enough to beat the destruction Beyblade, but, [B/Name], if its power is mastered, has the power and ability to defeat the destruction Bey alone.