Part 14: I'm Back Japan and With Masamune, too

~4 months later~

[Name]'s POV

"Masamune, will you sit your ass down?!" I groan as my best friend of many years stands up in the middle of our flight to Japan.

"I can't, [Name]! Not when I know that Gingka is here and I can battle him for his title," my hyperactive friend tells me.

"You do know that even if you do beat Gingka you wouldn't have the title, correct?" I eye him as he freezes up then falls to the ground.

"What! Why not?" Masamune asks, and I sigh while looking out the window.

"Well for one- it wouldn't have been an official battle, and two- you lost to me multiple times since I've been back, meaning I would be the only one with the title." I smirk as realization hits him.

"But you don't even think it's a fair title!"

"It's still mine."

"Damn it... it doesn't matter! I still want to beat Gingka in a Bey battle and then I'll beat you, [Name]." Masamune gets off the ground and points at me.

"Sir, can you please take a seat, we will be landing shortly," the stewardess tells him and he plops down next to me.

"I'm so excited!"

I glance at Masamune with a faint smirk, seeing the large grin on his face. I turn my attention to the window and watch our surroundings until the plane touches the ground and stops. "Let's go, [Name]!" Masamune exclaims and drags me off the plane and out of the airport.

"Calm down, Masamune," I sigh, already feeling the jet lag.

He runs ahead of me and smirks. "I may not have been able to come back for Battle Bladers but," he starts and points out to the sky, "I'll beat you Gingka Hagane and show you who the true number one blader is."

"Again, you'd have to go through me," I remind him.

"I will also defeat you, [Name]!" Masamune exclaims with fire in his eyes.

"Remind me why I'm friends with you again," I mutter and face-palm as I join his side.

"Because I'm your number one rival and you love me," he says cheekily and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, that sounds about right," I chuckle as he starts running off to Bey Stadium, dragging me with him.

"Oh I'm so excited to finally battle Gingka!" Masamune looks like he's about to explode in anticipation. I glance at one of the big screens that are showing two of the battles going on, and I grin as I see Yu and Tsubasa win their battles, though Benkei sadly loses his to the Eagle user.

I lose sight of Masamune as he zooms ahead of me and I sigh, knowing he's going to do something stupid. I saunter into the arena and start heading down one of the halls that leads to the stadiums. The battle between Tsubasa and Yu starts and I watch as Masamune interrupts the battle with Ray Striker. 'Oh my God' I face-palm and lean against the entryway to the stands.

"Hold the phone! A mysterious Bey just appeared. Just who does it belong to?" Blader DJ announces and my eye twitches.

"Hah! This looks like a fun battle, let me play, too," Masamune says and runs over to stand on one side of the stadium.

"This idiot..." I trail off, regretting my decision of bringing him with me.

"I'm Masamune Kadoya and I'm the number one blader in the entire world!" my best friend exclaims.

Eagle returns to Tsubasa who scowls slightly at the interruption of the fight. Yu on the other hand does continues to battle but loses. "All right, Gingka! Come out and battle me!" Masamune shouts, making me cover my face in embarrassment.