Part 28: We Won the World Championships

~one week later~

[Name]'s POV

"Are you sure I can't battle?" I pout as I trail behind Gingka, Masamune, and Madoka to the stadium for the final match.

"We're positive, [Name], now we just hope that Ryuga shows up to help," Gingka mutters the last part under his breath.

"But I'm able to battle again! It's been a week and the hospital cleared me." I anime cry and people in the streets give me weird looks as Masamune drags me along with him.

"Today, right here, the number one team will be decided. Will the team to earn the title world's strongest be Japan's Gan Gan Galaxy or will it be the U.S team, Starbreaker! This battle will be announced by both the Japan and the United States DJ's. The battle begins today at noon- high noon," Blader DJ and American DJ announce on the big screen side-by-side.

I giggle evilly and everyone looks at me. "IT'S HIGH NOON!" I shout, and everyone sweat-drops around me.

"W-what?" Gingka looks at me confused as Masamune facepalms.

"It's a reference to a video game," he mutters while dragging me into the arena, towards our team's room.

"Wait, who's battling who?" Madoka asks as we sit in our team room.

"I have Masamune against Zeo; Gingka against Damian; and if Ryuga shows up, which I'm certain he will, he'll face Jack," I cross one leg over the other and tell her.

"It sounds like a plan, and knowing that our friends are here to cheer us on is even better." Gingka grins and stands up from his chair.

"Let's win this, you guys! For Tsubasa and Yu." I grin and fist-bump Masamune and Gingka.

We start walking down the hallway to the mid-arena, the crowd already cheering loudly for the battle that is to come. "It's high noon!" The American DJ announces and I stop in my tracks.

"We're going to all die now that he used his ult," I say dramatically, causing Masamune to anime falls from behind me.

I pull out a cowboy hat from out of nowhere and place it on my head. "We're supposed to be serious and then there's [Name]." Madoka face-palms and Masamune takes my hat and dashes off to the arena.

"Masamune!" I shout and follow after him. The light from the stadium gets closer and I tackle Masamune, causing us both to tumble onto our team's platform and making everyone in the stands look at us.

I take the hat from his hands and put it on my head. "WHO'S READY FOR THE BATTLE?!" I exclaim and the crowd goes wild while my friends in the stands sweat-drop.

"It seems that both Team Starbreaker and Team Gan Gan Galaxy have arrived in the stadium," American DJ and Blader DJ announce. Gingka and Madoka catch up to us and I get up off of Masamune and lean against the railing of the platform.

"On the American side we have Damian, whose opponents tremble before him; Jack, who makes the stadium his canvas; and the newcomer, Zeo!" American DJ announces, and I look at them.

"And the representatives for Japan's team today will be one of the Battle Bladers champions, Gingka; and the whirlwind fighter, Masamune! Due to injuries Tsubasa, Yu, and [Name] are not able to battle," Blader DJ says, and I feel like I'm being stared down by everyone in the arena.

"Okay, first of all, I am able to fight; it's just my friends won't let me because I need rest." I huff, sticking my tongue out childishly until Gingka clamps his hand over my mouth.

"Pardon her, she's a bit salty right now," the red-head apologizes while sweating nervously.

"Well, why don't we get this battle under way?!" Both DJ's announce, and the crowd roars.