Summer Vacation 2_ Chapter 8

Lucy POV

My alarm rang relentlessly. It woke me up from my slumber. I had set my alarm a few hours before dawn so I could get ready. I trudged to the bathroom yawning. Even though I knew Natsu would still be sleeping at dawn, I still woke up early. After I got ready, I went to the kitchen to take some food. The rest of my family members are sleeping as well as the people who work for us. But surprisingly I saw my mother downstairs. Why is she awake? She should still be asleep. " Oh Lucy, somebody's at the living room waiting for you," my mother told me suddenly. I nodded and went to the living room while eating my chocolate cookies.

I wonder who might that be?  I saw Natsu in the living room. Wow, he's always late. Now he's early? "Hey Natsu. Want some cookies?" "Ah, Luce. Yes some will do. Are you ready?" "Wait. Let me get my bag." I quickly rushed to my room and take the

most needed items and stuffed them in my bag. I ran back downstairs to where Natsu was. "Let's go now," I said.

On the way to the client's house

"Hey Natsu." "Yeah?" "Why did you come earlier?" Natsu looked at me, confused. "I mean why did you wake up earlier? You always wake up late and I have to wait for you." " Oh, because..." "What." "I'm not a gentleman if I make a lady wait for me. I should be the one waiting for her." "Oh...You just realised that?" "Um...Yeah.." Natsu scratched the back of his head. I laughed. We continued to walk to our client's house.

At Sako Yoshida's Place

"The monsters always appear at the western side of the forest," Sako said. Natsu and I nodded our heads. We then set off to the western side of the forest.

It was already morning when we reached our 2nd destination. We did not see any monsters when we reached there.

"Where are the monsters? Come out! We've been waiting for hours!" Natsu suddet shouted. "Natsu we've been here only for 10 minutes. It's not even long," I said to the impatient pink haired teenager. "I know...." We then heard some movement.

All of a sudden two huge monsters appeared in front of us. "Finally! I'm all fired up now! Let's go Lucy!" "Yeah. Okay!" I exclaimed.

Natsu then used his fire dragon magic on one of the monsters. I called out for Taurus. He hit the monster that I was supposed to defeat. The monster cried out in pain. Taurus disappeared. Natsu had already defeated the monster he was fighting. "Need help, Luce?" "Nope. I'll handle this myself." I grinned and charged at the hurt monster. Natsu grinned too. I kicked the monster with all my strength. The monster flew and landed under a nearby tree.

"Nice kick Luce." Natsu looked at me with a very big grin. "Thanks. I've been training my fighting skills." Before Natsu could say something else, another monster appeared. This time bigger and looked more tougher...

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

"Natsu watch out!!" I screamed. Natsu dodged the monster's power. But he had alot of injuries. I called out Sagittarius. He managed to hit the monster. The monster wasn't defeated yet though. But I could tell that it was already hurt. I punched the monster with all my might. It finally groaned in pain. Now It was charging at me, not at Natsu anymore. "Lucy!" I ran away from the monster as fast as I could. Sagittarius kept shooting arrows at it until he was out of magic power.

"S-sorry Lucy-sama. Th-This is all that I can do." "It's fine. You can go back now." I stopped running and faced the monster. It was just a few metres away from me. I took a deep breath. I focused on all my magic power, ready to hit the huge monster. I then hit the monster as hard as I could. The monster yelped. Before I blacked out, I heard Natsu shout out my name.

Natsu POV

I ran as fast as I could to catch up to the monster who was chasing Lucy. But I can't.... I lost to much magic power. But suddenly I saw Lucy stop. Is she tired?! I better catch up! She could be in trouble.

I suddenly heard the monster groan in pain. It fell to the ground. What was more shocking was that I saw Lucy falling to the ground. "Lucy!!" She probably used up too much magic power. I caught her in my arms before she touched the ground. I carried her bridal-style to Sako's house. I still kept a look out for monsters.

I walked slowly towards the client's house. I stared at Lucy's face. She looked so peaceful. I suddenly heard some rustling of bushes. I kept my guard up. "Natsu!!" Someone said out loud. Happy?! "Happy?! What are you doing here?" "Natsu I've been searching everywhere for you! Literally. Where have you been?" Happy said ignoring my question. "Job." I said bluntly. "What's wrong, Natsu?" I ignored his question and continued walking towards my client's house. "Natsu?" "What are you here for?" "I wanted.... wanted to ask you if...

if you can catch some fish for me.." "Oh, sure. After I get my reward. Okay?" "Yay!! Thanks Natsu." "Don't mention it."

Lucy POV

I woke up and found myself on a sofa. Where am I? How'd I get here? I thought I was fighting a monster.... "Lucy? You finally woke up." I heard someone say. "Natsu? How'd I get here?" "I carried you to our client's house." I blushed at his last sentence. " You also defeated the last monster. Incredible!" "I-I did?" "Yeah!" I smiled to myself. "Anyways we better get going. We finished our job and got our reward already." "Let's go." And off we went back to our manor's respectively. I nearly forgot that Levy was there.

At the Heartfilia Manor

~ Normal POV

It was already evening. Lucy Hearfilia walked inside the mansion feeling exhausted. "You're back honey. Your father is coming back next week. You have a photoshoot this weekend," said Layla Heartfilia. "Okay, mum. Levy's still here right?" "Yeah. But she went outside with Gajeel." "I see. Okay, I'm going to my room now. Night mum. I'm not going to eat dinner." "Night." The two Hearfilias had a peaceful rest that night.

During Natsu's and Lucy's job....

At the guild

Gajeel walked towards Levy who was sitting at the corner of the guild. She looked bored for some reason. "Hey shrimp. What's with that bored expression?" "Nothing much..." "Come on. Tell me." "I've got nothing to do since Lucy-chan is on a job with Natsu." "Oh. You want to go to the amusement park with me then?" "I've got two tickets." "R-really?!" "Yeah, why not?" "Thank you Gajeel!" Levy hugged Gajeel tightly. Gajeel blushed. For a petite girl, her hug is quite strong....

Disclaimer : Fairy Tail does not belong to me.

Chapter finished! I hope you enjoyed it. NaLu.♥ GaLe. ♥