Chapter 1 - The plans for escape begin to fall into place.

11 years later.

Time passed. A lot of time, the years slipping past, but nothing changed in Lilia. If anything the years made it harder for her and Edmund, made each of Oliver's achievements bittersweet. His first crawl, which was late because he'd preferred to scoot around on his bum, and then days later the first time he stood up.

Oliver started to lean on anything to stand. Walked along everywhere leaning on everything. Then suddenly he was walking and the world couldn't stop him from then on. This little baby with silver hair like Lilia's hair started to walk, run, fall on his bum, constantly laughing at himself like it was the most hilarious thing in the world. Stalked her to the kitchen, to the bathroom, tried to follow her up and down stairs, or as he got older, would sneak after Edmund when he was supposed to be having Pack Meets with the elders. All too frequently he'd return with Oliver, this squirmy two year old with golden curls, who'd been hiding under Edmund's feet for more than an hour till Edmund smelt a suspicious smell drifting up from under the table. Usually Lilia would be in the middle of a 'WHERE'S OLIVER' panic.

He loved to cook. Sort of. And he equally loved to follow and copy his daddy. Lilia used to watch Edmund wander across the yard doing something, totally clueless that an excited Oliver was shadowing him, sometimes when he was gardening, or sometimes when he was going to the gym to train. Luckily the Pack that lived here on the Pack Estate had gotten used to Oliver wandering around and Lilia's anxiety started to relax. More often than not, he'd wander into someone's house, and be returned within ten minutes. He was so quick too. She just had to look at a book for a second and he was off exploring the world as fast as his chubby toddler legs could carry him.

It wasn't long before he was recruiting Susie's boy, Levi, Oli and the tiny Levi toddling along after him, the two of them having a great time exploring the world. Tasting everything that crawled. Emilia pretended to not care but she was constantly watching Oliver, constantly shadowing him, usually the one to find out when he'd done another runner. When Levi was two and Oliver three, she'd wander back almost once a week with the escapees, both squirming toddlers under her arms, Susie in hysterics and Lilia surprisingly relaxed.

She used to sit there, watching her poor sister wandering after the escaping toddlers as they ran across the grass lawn squealing with giggles, and wonder about Alfred. It broke her heart sometimes. She knew, if he had been here, he would have been caught up in Oliver's little adventures. Lilia couldn't pretend he hadn't been around like Edmund had to, she dreamed about him, she thought about him when she cooked, she thought about him when she gave Oliver a bath and sang him a song. When she watched Edmund read Oliver a book. When Oliver finally figured out how to use the potty like daddy.

Georgie's urges were fueled every single time Oliver set his green eyes on her and his big grin, and when he was four she finally announced she was pregnant. Not long after, Susan admitted the same thing, though Edmund and Lilia suspected it wasn't Andy's baby. She couldn't explain it. Susan didn't say it was Kale again, refused to listen to them if they tried to ask her, but her instincts got aggressive again. Levi and Andy had to stay with Edmund and Lilia in the Alpha residence while Susan slept upstairs in the attic room.

Georgie was the first of the two to give birth. That was a slight relief for everyone, Georgie had started to 'borrow' babies during her pregnancy, which amused everyone. She wasn't like the other mothers who got aggressive. Instead, she started to get drawn towards any and all babies. Susan, on the other hand, spent most of the pregnancy reading upstairs in the attic or wandering around the Pack Hall. She could tolerate Georgie but no one else.

The closer to the birth they got, the more their roles swapped, before it was Georgie who started to get aggressive and dangerous. She actually attacked several women for coming to close to her just a few days before she went into labour, changing into a wolf, and it was lucky no one got seriously hurt. Edmund had to order her to wait for birth in the attic. So naturally, hours after she went up there, she went into labour.