16. Questions

Jungkook's POV

The next morning

I entered my room and saw her sleeping peacefully inside. Her face looked so calm and angelic in the rays of the morning light that I just wasn't able to rip my sight off her face. I walked closer to take a proper look at her face. She looked so amazing even with the bruises. I squatted on the floor, crossed my arms and placed them on the bed before adjusting my head to get a closer view of her face. My heart started beating insanely fast and an uncontrollable smile appeared on my lips. Never had I felt such vibes before. This was all so new yet fascinating to me.

My eyes were the threshold where no dream dared to enter before. My silence spoke more than my words. But once she entered my life, all sorrows got engulfed by the splendid colours of happiness. Love had come to sweep me off my feet.

Yes. Love.

"What have you done to my heart?" I whispered while looking contendedly at her. She was looking so adorable while sleeping that I just couldn't help swooning over her.

Slowly and unconsciously, my head started moving closer to her face till I could actually feel her soft breath on my lips. Before anything else could happen, she started stirring in her sleep. Her eyes opened slowly and unfortunately I wasn't able to move my head back yet. Her sight hadn't adjusted itself to the intensity of the light. She squinted her eyes to get a better view of her surroundings and it should not be a surprise to hear someone screaming after waking up to such an awkward morning. So yes, she screamed.

Screamed at the highest pitch she could summon from her throat.

Before she could carry out this commotion any further, I placed my palm over her mouth to shut her up. But her muffled screams could still be heard. I had completely baffled her. One glance at her panicked face and a beautiful memory came flooding into my brain. I smirked at my thoughts and started leaning closer to her face. Her eyes widened and her screams started to get louder. My breath fanned across her face as my lips hovered over her ear.

"Shut up or else I am going to kiss you like there's no tomorrow." I whispered in a husky voice and I didn't realise that I myself got goosebumps while saying this. As these words left my mouth, I felt a tingling sensation in my heart. She got so astonished that she pushed me away from herself and stood up abruptly. I just kept sitting on the floor with my palm placed under my chin while staring at her with a smile.

"What are you doing in my ro- Wait! No! Holy Hera! This ain't my room!" She squeaked in anxiety as she observed the light blue walls of the room. I couldn't hold my laughter any longer so I cracked up on the floor. She kept on eyeing me and the room suspiciously. All of a sudden, my mom barged into the room.

"What happened Jungkook-ah?" She asked me with a worried expression. Mia's eyes kept on faltering around the room in confusion.

"Nothing Mom! Everything is fine!" I chimed sweetly and she let a sigh of relief escape her mouth.

"But I heard someone screaming..." She trailed off as her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"It was me Mrs. Jeon. Your son's pleasant morning greeting prompted me to scream like this." Mia replied sarcastically while glaring at the pouty me. Mom started laughing at her sardonic reply.

"Kids these days.." She trailed off while shaking her head and left the room with a contended smile. As soon as she left, I strided towards Mia and pinned her against the door before she could even move an inch. She got bewildered by my speed. I trapped her between my arms to stop her from going anywhere. Slowly leaning closer, a warm smile framed my lips as I inched them near her left ear.