Chapter 9: Lesson on resonance

The chatter of your classmates fills your ears as you take your seat in front of Kid. Sighing you sit down and stare out the window at the sky, it bothered you that for once Ethan didn't know something that happend. You needed to tell him as soon as possible or the stress combined with the fact you were trusting three new people with a big secret of yours might push you over the edge.

Suddenly you feel a tap on your shoulder causing you to turn around, and   looking at Soul before Maka leans over the desk to you.

" Hey. I meant to ask last night but who caused... you know. ", she asks.

" U-um well... ", you glance behind her to see the two girls from last night glaring at you and you quickly avert your gaze. " I'll tell you later... "

" Oh um, okay? ", she says, clearly wanting to ask more but before she gets the chance your ears twitch as Stein turns the screw in his head a few times. " Okay everyone! Pay attention. ", Stein yells out and the class room falls silent.

" Today we will be conducting a skill test. Specifically on Resonance, It is important for us to test your partnership and for you so you can work out your differences and become an overall stronger team. "

You turn to Ethan and you both share a look. While yes, you know of Soul Resonance, actually doing it is something neither of you knew how to do or if was possible between you both.

" What happens if you can't resonate? ", a student yells.

" You fail this test. It is a rather simple task for most if not all in this class, and it's important to keep you all on alert. Even if you are in a disagreement with your partner its a great strength to be able to fight together, whenever, no matter what. "

You feel your ears drop when Stein says fail and you come up with two solutions. You fail or come clean to Stein. Either way it would cause embarrassment and you weren't sure after last night if it was a good idea to risk suddenly bursts of emotions.

" Alright let's begin with the front row. ", Stien gestures to the student in the front row seat.

" (Y/n) are you okay? ", Kid asks quietly and your ears perk up as you turn around slightly.

" I- ", your eyes drift to the girls from last night again and you decide to avoid the conversation. " I'll be okay. No worries. ", you smile at him and quickly turn back around before writing a note on a piece of loose notebook paper. After its done you toss it to Maka skillfully before raising your hand.

" Yes? ", Stein asks.

" M-may I go to the restroom? ", you nervously ask.

" Hurry. "

You nod and quickly rush out of the classroom with a slight pink tint to your cheeks, not bothering to look around much as you leave. It was always embarrassing to declare that you had to go to the restroom in front of a room full of people, exceptionally more so when you didn't even have to go. And so with the stress of your lie finally starting to weigh on you, you decide to at least head to the girls restrooms.

Once inside you were greeted by a nice lavender sent and a generic looking female bathroom kept in surprisingly good condition. The walls a nice monotone pattern and the floors a beautiful marble white tile while the rest of the utilities were matching in quality and design.

After a few long moments of worrying by the sinks that Maka wouldn't follow through, the bathroom door opens up and a weight lifts off your shoulders as she walks through.

" Hey? Everything okay? ", Maka immediately asks.

" Yes. Well, no, i'm kinda panicking. So kinda? "