Chapter 4: Your first day

Your alarm blares loudly in your ears causing you to hiss and flatten your ears as close to your head as possible before pulling your pillow over your head. " Shut up! ", you yell at the alarm clock and the quickly throw your pillow at it, causing it to thud on the ground, thankfully turning it off. Sighing you then rub your eyes and yawn, sitting up before slowly getting out of your bed. You pick up the clock and gasp as you read the time. " 7:23!? Shit, I slept in! "

You thank yourself for showering before bed and brush your (H/L), (H/C) hair, applying your usual make up and then freeze when you go to get dressed. You needed to cover your tail and ears, but how? Would they let you wear a hoodie? Deciding you didn't have much time you picked out a baggy set of blue jeans so you could still hide your tail and put a nicer (f/c) hoodie on over your (f/c) T-shirt. You quickly put on your shoes and ran to Ethan's door, knocking on it.

" Quickly get up! We're going to be late! " Ethan opens the door already dressed. " I know, I know! Your stupid alarm clock slamming on the floor woke me up. "

" That's what woke you up? "

" You're the one with amazing hearing here, don't judge me. "

Putting your hearing issues aside you both grabbed a poptart, which Ethan had begrudgingly put in the toaster to save time. Then after brushing your teeth you grabbed your bag and both ran out the door, glancing at the clock before leaving, it read 7:58am. " Guess Kid was right about school starting at 8:00am. ", you laugh half-heartedly, closing the door behind you as you head to school.

On your way there your ears perk up as you hear a familiar voice and you lay your ears back before pulling the hood over your head.

" Damn it Liz, and Patty... Why didn't they wake me up? They even left without me. "

You and Ethan turn the corner to see a very annoyed Kid. Suddenly you feel your anxiety start up again and you immediately regret wearing a hoodie in this heat. " Come on... I know him. Calm down me... "

He was wearing something different, probably a school uniform. He wore a standard black suit with white rectangles placed so there was complete symmetry. His undershirt was a formal white dress shirt with a metallic skull under his collar, seemingly to be used as a tie.

Ethan then runs up to Kid and shouts, " Hey! wait up! " Kid turns around and you see a faint smile appear on his face when you lock eyes. You feel your face heat up and you give him an akward smile back. " Damn it Ethan... "

" Oh, hey (Y/n), Ethan. You both wake up late too? " You nod and try to avoid eye contact. " Yeah, We usually don't wake up this early. Like ever. ", Ethan chuckles. " Ah, well that's a good thing today. I thought I missed you both. " You keep your head down, looking at your feet and feel your heart pounding a million times a minute. " Say something... you should add to the conversation. "

" Hey Kid, I was wondering do they allow witches at the DWMA? ", you look at Kid briefly to see a confused look.

" Um, I mean we don't go out inviting witches. Why? "

" Anything but that! Add anything to the conversation that doesn't make you the target of suspicion! Soul protect only lasts if you don't use magic! Don't make a situation where you want to use it! ", You yell to yourself and quickly change the subject.

" Oh no reason I was just curious. So what's your father like? He's not too scary is he? "

Kid chuckles to himself.

~Kids pov~

(Y/n), Ethan and I continued to talk a lot on our way to school, but one question keeps coming back to me. " Why would she ask about witches in the DWMA? Was she really just curious? "