Chapter 3: Join the DWMA?

After a while of you dodging around him and his barage of attacks you make it to Ethan. Picking him up you then jab his blade into Tsubaki's chains, pulling Black☆Star to you. He counters you, realizing your trying to pull him off balance with agility and flips right over you before shouting, " Tsubaki, smoke bomb mode! "

The whole basketball court suddenly floods with a thick cloud of smoke, preventing you from seeing anything. The smoke quickly spreads and causes the other dwma students to begin coughing. " (Y/N) pay close attention to footsteps. He could come from anywhere, sight does you no good. " Nodding you kneel down to make yourself a smaller target, closeing your eyes you then listen carefully for any sound of movement. Knowing you'll have to hear Black☆Star if you want to dodge him.

One by one you rapidly lock onto the sounds around you, blocking out the useless ones. After a few seconds you hear rapidly approaching footsteps and quickly dodge Black☆Star's lunging attack. Thinking ahead of you he swiftly does a backflip and throws Tsubaki once more at you midair. One swift roll to the side and you once again dodge him, but barely.

The court finally begins to clear up a bit and Black☆Star stands directly across from you. Smoke only covering the ground around you both now. " Few people can dodge that attack... But I say you just got lucky... Tsubaki let's end this! Enchanted sword mode! " On command Tsubaki transforms into a beautiful, sharp black sword. " NOW LET'S GO TSUBAKI! ", in unison Tsubaki and Black☆Star shout, " SOUL RESONANCE! " Black sparks suddenly shoot from Tsubaki and black lines begin to travel rapidly all over Black☆Star's body, spreading quickly.

" Ethan... The only way we are going to have a fighting chance is if we resonate too."

" We've never done it. "

" That's because we don't know how... "

" I'll try my best to dodge it. "

Black☆Star then charges at you with unexpected speed, and jumps, using all his strength on this one attack. Realizing you don't have much choice but to take it at this point your confidence shatters and the fear of the pain his attack will cause shoots through you. You gasp for air and immediately panic, realizing what you're going to do, Ethan suddenly transforms back into his human form and hugs you tightly. " Don't worry... I'll be your shield. ", Ethan mumbles so only you can hear and everything happens in a flash. 

You shut your eyes tightly as Ethan shouts in pain and squeezes you. " E-Ethan... ", you mumble, guilt crawling up your back. You then open your eyes again to be greeted by a smiling Ethan. Looking behind you Tsubaki gets out of weapon form and Black☆Star quickly goes back to normal as he stands proudly.

" Good fight. Sorry if I scared you. ", Black☆Star gives you a smile.

" You fought really well. ", Tsubaki smiles apologetically.

You look to Ethan who smiles back at them, slightly confused as to how he's okay. " Same to you, good fight. ", Ethan replys. " Will you be okay? ", you ask Ethan who chuckles and then moves away from you to stand up. You take that as a yes and quickly follow his lead in case he needs you to lean on.

" He used the back side of the blade. ", Ethan explains.

" O-oh. ", you mumble, feeling stupid for thinking Black☆Star would have actually used such a powerful attack on you. Feeling your cheeks light up in embarrassment you then turn to Black☆Star.

" It was a good fight, you're very powerful. Thank you for the experience. ", you say.

" Of course! It's no problem! That's just how big of a man I am! ", Black☆Star laughs and you kinda regret inflating his ego.