Chapter 12: Think fast

As you enter class you are greeted by Kid who immediately pulls you aside. 

" Hey follow me real quick. ", he says.

Agreeing to follow him you make some small talk along the way to where ever he is taking you. He eventually leads you into the library and over to a empty table before immediately placing down two books.

" What are these? ", you ask.

" I did some digging in my house last night and found them. ", he begins, opening the old, warn book stopping on a page before turning it to face you.

" This is an old year book I found... Look. ", he points to two students at the bottom of the page.

You can't believe what you see. You didn't dream it...

" Vivian Sage and Mira (y/l/n)... So my mom and her killer did go here. "

" According to there quotes they were best friends too. "

Your ears droop as you close the book and Kid looks at you.

" Are you okay? "

" I will be... I just still need time. Um, what's this one? ", you point to the book titled " Gems & You ".

" These stones in the book reminded me of your necklace... ", he glances at your chest and his cheeks tint pink as he goes back to flipping pages.

" What's wrong with him? "

" The um... stones around it are Rose Quartz right? "

You nod and your ears perk up again, amused that he's gotten flustered for some reason.

" Rose Quartz, otherwise known as the Heart Stone, was said to be quite effective in attracting new love, romance and intimacy, or in developing a closer bond with family and friends. ", he flips through some more pages then stops, " The cat's eye is known for providing a very effective protective energy and can dispel unwanted energy using its aura. It's also said it brings happiness and serenity, along with optimism, generosity and confidence. ", Kid explains, " That's not all a proven fact but I thought you might find it interesting. "

" I do. Thank you... Blair said it was a special necklace because it's been handed down for ages. Apparently her mother said it was capable of dissolving emotional wounds, fears and resentments, as well as give off a healing aura. Kinda like a substitute mom. She always believed that it had a hand in why my mother was always so happy, and seemed to make everyone around her happy. ", you say.

" Maybe that's why Kid is getting flustered... he started acting differently when the necklace was around. Come to think of it everyone kinda did. "

Kid putting the books away pulls you out of your thoughts and you look at him.

" So the other reason I pulled you aside was because I wanted to ask you to come on a mission with me. Well and Black☆Star. ", he hands you the mission details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Triple Threats.

☠ Details: In a ghost town set near Death City, there has been a series of people going missing and the numbers are climbing. No pattern between the kidnappings has been established yet, but rumors speak of three Pre-Kishin's who most likely are committing the crimes. They are calling them "The Triple Threats". All targets considered Extremely dangerous and High priority.

☠ Requirements: Soul Perception is unnecessary, but quick reflexes are required. High intelligence also recommended. Weapon requirements are range and close quarters.