Chapter 11: Realizing

Beginning to come to your senses you hear faint voices mumbling to one another before a door slams open and a voice yells out. You immediately recognize it.

" Is (y/n) going to be okay!? ", Ethan asks.  

" What happened? ", you hear a new voice enter that you recognize as Kid's.

The thought that he cared made little butterflies form in your stomach as the conversation continued.

" First of all you all need to stay outside. If she wakes up we don't need her being overwhelmed. ", Stein says.

You hear a few begrudging mumbles before shuffles of multiple footsteps. Was everyone worried? The thought made you happy, but you tried desperately not to smile. At this point you were curious what they would say. No doubt Ethan and Blair would sugar coat anything if it was bad news.

" So? ", Ethan asks egarly wanting an answer.

" (Y/n) is going to be fine. ", Blair reassures him, " As far as we can tell she just fainted and will be up soon. " 

You hear a sigh of relief from Ethan. 

" Why did she faint? ", Kid asks.

" He didn't leave? Why? ", you wonder.

" We are not sure if it was due to shock or maybe something on that necklace. "

" When she went to grab it she suddenly fainted. ", Blair explains and you hear the chain of the necklace hit a wooden surface.

" Why would the necklace be a cause? ", Ethan asks.

" We aren't sure. ", Stein answers.

You finally attempt to move your hand and succeed only to immediately realizing your body hurts, a lot. Opening your eyes you groggily look around the small sterile room quickly guessing this is the nurses office. You see Kid, Blair, Ethan, and Dr. stein all turn around as you let out a small groan.

" Finally awake? Good. ", Stein looks at you from his position against the wall, " I have to get back to grading papers and you need to rest, don't push yourself too hard too soon. Other then that you can go home. ", he then leaves and you feel a sudden warmth as someones arms are thrown around you.

" I'm so happy you're okay... I thought that necklace thing had killed you or something... " 

You catch Kid kinda looking at Ethan and he immediately turns away when he notices hes caught, his cheeks turning a light pink. Ignoring it for now you hug Ethan weakly back.

" I-I'm fine. You really think a necklace would be my end? ", you giggle as he pulls away from the hug and look to Blair.

" Mo- I mean Blair, Is there something special about that necklace? "

" I suppose? I mean that necklace was passed down for generations and hand made by your great great grandmother. "

You look down in thought. That couldn't be the cause of why you saw what you did.

" Everything okay? ", Kid asks and you nod.

" Blair is there anyway my mom's memories could have been stored in that necklace? ", realizing how insane that sounds you regret saying it out loud.

" Are you sure you are okay? ", Ethan chuckles.

" I don't think anything like that can happen pumpkin, no. "

" No spell that could do that? ", you ask further.

" Not that i'm aware of. Why? "

" I just- No. maybe it was just a dream. Nevermind. " She tilts her head.