Beautiful Cause You Love Me

"Staring at my reflection, every slight imperfection staring back at me, naked as a girl can be."

If there was one thing Carrie hated to do, it was sitting on her bed alone, scrolling on her phone through a sea of comments after posting what she once thought was a beautiful photograph of herself. Apparently, the rest of the world tends to disagree. Letting out a huge sigh, she clicked on the three little dots beside the photo and chose the option to delete the photo instead. Her self-esteem going down another hill.

She doesn't always believe what the people sitting behind their computers, commenting on each and every flaw they think she have, she had learned to disregard them ever since she entered the showbiz industry, but when there's hundreds, even thousands, of people saying the same negative thing to you, you can't always help but think that maybe they were right after all.

She is just one talentless, country singer that does nothing but scream in her songs. She's fake who thinks so high of herself when she really shouldn't.  She dresses like a person who works at an unrespectable industry to gain attention she's not worthy of. She doesn't deserve anything she has in life that she so hardly worked for. She's nothing.

And though, deep inside, she knows none of those are true, having it repeated a thousand of times through social media or in person doesn't make it hurt any less. Her career status doesn't make her immune of all the negative statements being said about her, because nobody, not even herself could have prepared herself for this, no matter how much she psyches herself up, even with all her fans saying the opposite, sticking by her side and defending her from anything and anyone who dares to cross her. Not her management nor her record label nor her PR team.

Carrie wiped the silent tears that had made their way down her cheeks, accidentally smearing the mascarra on her face. "Damn it." She reluctantly shuffled off of the bed and got up to walk over to the bathroom to wash up. Her husband would be home soon and it wouldn't be good if he sees her as distraught as she was.

She splashed a couple of handfuls of water on her face, sighing as she stared at her reflection on the mirror, her face as bare as the day she was born, without an ounce of makeup left. Concentrating on each blemish on her pale, once freckled face, once again agreeing with the negative comments about her appearance with the trolls on the Internet. She wasn't the most beautiful person in the world.

Carrie almost jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Forcing a smile as she turned around to face her husband, "Hey you." She accepted the short kiss he offered. "How was your day?" She asked, turning back around to turn off the tap.

"You've been crying." Mike spoke, reaching for the face towel hanging on the rack and staring down at his wife. "What happened?" He started, drying off her face as gentle as he could. Her eyes had slightest bit of puffiness but he didn't fail to notice it. He had spent many days of a year staring at her beautiful face that he has memorized each detail whenever she was overjoyed,  upset or agitated.

"I have not." Carrie argued, even though she knew there was no use in lying to her husband when he can see right through her. He can sense even the slightest mood change. "I have yet to cook dinner, anything you want in particular?"

Mike caught his wife just before she completely walked out of the bathroom. Usually, Carrie would tell him whenever something was bugging her and he's not used to her pulling away and avoiding the questions whenever he asks them. "I'll help you with dinner in a while." He smiled at her when she looked at him confused when he shut the door. "Come sit with me for a while?"

Carrie reluctantly agreed but smiled when he pulled her onto his lap. "You don't have to help with dinner, just rest and I'll call you when it's ready." She kept trying to direct the subject to another topic.

Mike shook his head at her little attempts to divert their conversations from going back to her. "I'll help you." He insisted, then placed his index finger over her lips when she was about to speak again. "Listen to me first," When his wife nodded, he continued. "I love you so much, and I understand if you don't want to tell me what or who has gotten you so upset, but just know that whenever you'd like to tell me, my fists are ready to knock them all out." This earned a smile from his wife.

"What if it was my dad?" Carrie asked, unable to stifle a giggle that rose from her stomach, when Mike gave her a knowing look. "Okay sorry, I'm listening."

"I'm being serious though." Mike spoke again. "You know you can always count on me, whether you're pissed at me or not, even if I'm at work. You can wake me up at three in the morning if you can't sleep and wanted to talk. I love you so so so so much and I'll never get tired of showing it."

By now, silent tears have yet again made their way down Carrie's cheeks. "What did I ever do to deserve you." She chuckled, wiping away the tears that continued falling from her eyes.

"Well, you put me in a meet and greet." Mike smirked, earning a hard smack on his chest.

"I love you too. So so so so so much." She planted a kiss on his face with each so that she mentioned. She cupped his face with both her hands, looking straight into the blue eyes she instantly feel in love with, the moment she laid her eyes on them. Until now, it's still the most beautiful thing she had ever seen and she knew she'll never get tired of seeing them.  "Thank you for everything."

"There's a new meaning to freedom when I'm with you."