Reunited

As much as touring is her most favorite thing to do in the world, sometimes it gets tough too. She had been away from home since the first week of March, doing concerts in Europe. And since she was away from her son and husband, she had to celebrate her birthday alone, well not completely alone,  she had her band mates with her, but of course, she would rather spend it with her two most favorite people.

"Is Isaiah awake?" The mother asked, on her way back to their home from the airport. "Please tell me he's awake."

Mike chuckled on the other line. "Yes, he's awake." He glanced at his son on the other corner of the living room, playing with Ace and Penny.

"I'm almost there." The blonde cheered, almost jumping out of her seat when the driver pulled over in front of their house. She quickly hung up the phone, and frantically pulled out her luggages from the trunk of the car.

Mike picked his son up in his arms, "Mommy's here." He cooed at him, having the child giggle and clap his hand.

"Mama here." Isaiah mimicked.

Mike opened the front door, and immediately the sight of his wife, rolling her suitcases greeted him. He chuckled, when she ran to them, leaving her things in the middle of the pathway.

"Baby, I missed you!" Carrie grabbed Isaiah from his father's arms, kissing him all over his face. "I missed you so much." She brought his knuckle to her lips. "Did you miss me?"

"Yes!" Isaiah exclaimed, cupping her mother's face and kissing the tip of her nose. "Miss you mama."

"But mama missed you more." Carrie giggled, squishing his little body.

Mike just watched the sight in awe, after carrying her things inside the living room, and shutting the door closed.

Isaiah squished his mother's cheeks, giggling, as he was being bounced up and down while the mother walked up the stairs.

"What did you do while mommy's gone?" Carrie asked, entering their bedroom and sitting down, resting her back on the headboard and placing Isaiah on her lap.

"Play!" Isaiah laughed.

"Ah, you never stop playing, do you?" Carrie laughed. "Maybe we can play more when daddy gets here." 

Isaiah nodded his head, yawning.

Carrie glanced at her watch, seeing it was already forty five minutes past nine. "Aw, is my baby, sleepy now?"

"No." Isaiah shook his head. "We play!"

Carrie shook her head laughing. "Time for bed, sweet boy. I promise tomorrow, we'll play, okay?" She kissed his forehead, carrying him to his bedroom. "Good night, pumpkin. I love you." She kissed him on the forehead, before setting him on his crib.

"I love you mama." Isaiah smiled, snuggling up to his favorite blanket. "G'night."

Carrie leaned in to the crib, kissing his chubby hand, smiling, and watched him drift off to sleep for a few seconds before shutting the lights off and closing the door behind her. She walked back to their bedroom to see if her husband was already there.

"There you are, I thought you forgot about me already." Mike joked, turning off the TV.

"We were waiting for you upstairs!" Carrie defended herself before settling down on his lap straddling his waist. "I missed you." She whispered, resting her forehead against his.

Mike just sported a goofy grin, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Really."

"Really." Carrie whispered, moving her face closer to his but never letting their lips touch.

"I missed you too, so much." Mike whispered back before pressing his lips against hers. His hands went under her bottom, squeezing them, making her jump and giggle, taking that opportunity to stick his tongue down her throat.

Carrie moaned before pulling away and catching her breath.

"Wait did you eat dinner already?" Mike asked suddenly, his hands now under her shirt, caressing her stomach with his thumbs.

"You're asking that now?" Carrie chuckled.

"Well, yeah." Mike chuckled as well, shaking his head. "Or we can just go upstairs." He said cheekily, repeatedly raising his eyebrows.

Carrie playfully hit his chest, laughing. "Yeah, the latter works for me." She winked, having Mike, running up the stairs to their bedroom.