Runaway

"There's nothing like me and you."

'Look out your window.' Carrie read the text message from Mike. And so she did, laughing, when she saw him smiling widely up at her. "What are you doing here?" She asked, sliding up the window, sticking her head out so Mike can hear her whisper.

"Come down!" Mike whispered back.

"Mama, might see you!" Carrie giggled.

"So jump down fast!" Mike shot back. "Come on, I'll catch you, don't worry."

Carrie signaled for him to wait a second, before she skipped towards her door to lock it. It was almost one am and tomorrow is a Sunday so the teens didn't worry much about having to get up early and ready for school. "Catch me or I'll kill you!" The blonde laughed before she swung her legs over by the window and jumped.

Mike planted a short kiss on her lips before setting her down on the ground.

"Where are we going?"

"Shhh." Mike placed a finger over his lips as he helped Carrie jump over the fence of their house before going himself. He hopped on his motorbike and Carrie hopped behind him, her arms directly wrapped around his torso. "Are you ready?" He asked before starting the ignition.

"Yes!" And with that answer, Mike sped down the road, the breeze of the wind having their hair flying. "Where are we going?" Carrie shouted.

"It's a surprise!" Mike answered, finally stopping his motorbike down the dirt road. Their ears finally free from its revving engine.

"Babe, this is scary. We're far from our houses and in the middle of nowhere venturing in the woods - "

Carrie was soon cut off when Mike's lips pressed against hers. "Relax, princess. We're almost there." He laughed, leading her farther on the woods until they reached a clear spot where a huge house was built.

"Is that a haunted house?" Carrie asked. "I know you know I love scary movies but you don't need to bring me to a haunted house, Mike. Something horrible - "

Again she was shut by another kiss, longer this time. "That's not haunted." Mike chuckled. "I just finished painting it this afternoon, Dad helped me finish the whole house yesterday." He smiled. "Do you want to go in?"

Carrie's face lit up with a smile, not just because it wasn't a haunted house but because she knew the reason why Mike built it. "This is beautiful." She said in awe, admiring the first storey of the house. "And huge."

"There's no electricity yet so we have to explore it by candlelight." Mike laughed, holding the candle with his left hand, the other he used to hold the small of Carrie's back as they ascended up the stairs. "And the furnitures, we have zero yet, but that's about to change in a few." He smiled.

Once fully upstairs, Carrie couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She can already picture the house as they wanted it to be.

You see that corner there, Mike pointed the candle towards the direction so it would shine light to it. "We would place your piano there, the white one you loved and saw on TV." He laughed. "And then this window, we can always watch the sunrise here, with our cup of coffees, sitting in a rocking chair or lazy boy chair." He laughed again.