Like I'll Never Love You Again

"Put it there!" Carrie threw the pair of boxers on Mike's face, referring to the drawer in front of him. She was sitting in the floor, folding his clothes and Mike was on the other side of the room, arranging his clothes on the cabinet.

Mike had just moved in after being transferred to the Nashville Predators, and he had been home since the night before. "But this is already full!" Mike laughed, throwing back the piece of clothing to his wife.

Carrie finished folding the last piece of Mike's shirt, leaving them all neatly folded on the floor before standing up and walking to his husband. "Then put it on the next one." She narrowed her eyes at him, placing the boxer shorts on its specific storage. "See?"

Mike smiled, nodding his head. "How about my tops and bottoms?" He inquired, pecking his wife on the lips, placing his hand on his hip, eyeing the see of clothes on the floor and on the bed.

Carrie opened the sliding door of the cabinet, showing him a huge amount of open space for his clothes beside hers. "Here, sir." She smirked. She began gathering his clothes and putting them inside the cabinet, Mike mimicking her motions.

"Man, I'm so tired." Mike whined, throwing himself on the huge bed, pulling Carrie beside him, earning a high-pitched squeal. "Can we take a rest for a while?"

"No, lazy butt." Carrie laughed, as Mike squished her in his arms, kissing her all over her face. "Get up, I'll make you brownies when we're done." She got off of him and then proceeded on hanging his polls and dress pants on the other side of the cabinet.

Mike finished placing all his clothes on the cabinet the same time Carrie finished doing her task.

"See, that wasn't too tiring now, you can rest." The blonde smiled, leaning up to kiss his hockey-hockey - playing husband. "Now as promised, i'll make you your brownies." She giggled. "I'll be right back."

Mike pulled Carrie back even before she could pass the door. "I don't want brownies." He said, causing Carrie to frown. "I just want us to relax." He smiled. "Maybe even drink wine." He winked, earning a cheesy grin from his spouse. "I'll be right back." He said, kissing Carrie on the cheek before sprinting down the stairs.

Carrie laid down on the bed, closing her eyes as the feeling of tiredness overcome her body. They had been rearranging stuff since the morning, only taking breaks during lunch and a few snacks here and there. She smiled, as the sight of his husband wine bottle and glasses on his hands. "Well, aren't you sweet?" She said sitting up, taking the glasses from his hands and setting them on the side table.

"Again, I'll be back." He chuckled, running for the stairs again, now with speakers in hand when he came back. He plugged in his phone on the speakers, playing his favorite Playlist, the songs starting with "Love Never Fails." He crawled on the bed beside Carrie.

She had already poured wine on each of their glasses and handed Mike one. "I really missed you." She whispered, putting her glass down, resting her head on his chest.

"I missed you more." Mike replied, taking her chin on his index finger, lifting her head up before kissing her. "I'm so glad to be here beside you right now." He whispered back, sincerity was obvious from his eyes. "And knowing that I won't have to leave tomorrow to go to my own house makes it much more better."

Carrie smiled, her cheeks blushing a bit at his husband's statement. "I love you." She placed her right leg on top of his, burying her head on the fabric of his shirt.

"I love you more, princess." Mike planted multiple kisses on top of her head, pulling her closer to him. "Though tomorrow, I have meeting with the team. Probably get to know each of them and make new friends."

"That's great, baby." Carrie grabbed her glass of wine, sipping on it before putting it back down. "But really, how do you feel about it?"

"The transfer?" When he received a nod, he continued. "Of course, it's a bit sad." He confessed. "I wanted to play for the Senators my whole life and I thought I was going to, but on the other note I'm happy. I think the Predators are a great team and I hope to enjoy and grow more being part of the team." He didn't notice that Carrie was staring right at him until he stopped his sentence, smiling at her, he said, "Plus, the move had me closer to the most important person in my life."

"You're so mushy." Carrie giggled, receiving another kiss from her husband. "What do you want for dinner?" She asked, suddenly remembering that it was already close to eight in the evening when they finished arranging his clothes.

"You." Mike batted his eyebrows repeatedly.

"I'm serious." Carrie whacked his asked, when suddenly he hovering above her and peppering kisses on her neck.

"I'm serious, too." Mike whispered on her neck, sending chills up her spine, before he looked up at Carrie, kissing her on the lips.

"Come on, I'm hungry." Carrie mumbled against his lips.

"Alright." Mike chuckled, giving her one last kiss before getting off of her. "But I want you for dessert." He winked, earning another smack on the arm from his wife. "I'm serious about that and nothing can stop me."

"Oh my gosh, just shut up already!" Carrie laughed, dragging Mike by the wrists down the stairs.